Chapter One: Happy Birthday

"Happy birthday Aria!", my mother and my best friend Danielle shout in unison along with the rest of my friends.
I stand in the doorway to our small home. Balloons everywhere, a banner with the words 'Happy Birthday' written in big blue letters, a two-layered home-made cake, and a few presents on the table all greet me. Along with my friends and my mom wearing the biggest and cheesiest of smiles.
"Come blow out the candles sweetie!", my mom urges.
I walk to the cake still trying to take it all in. On the cake are some flowers drawn in my favorite Rainbow Sprinkle Icing.
"Make a wish!", Danielle says a little to perky.
I pretend to make a wish and blow out the candles. "Thanks guys, but I told you I didn't want a party."
"Hush! You're seventeen today and leaving next week. As your mother I have permission to celebrate the 10 hours of labor you put me through."
"Okay, okay.", I put a fake smile on my face and hug the both of them," thanks."
"We have presents!", Danielle exclaims.
She runs over to the table and brings them over. "Whose do you want to open first?"
"I guess yours, Danny", I say rolling my eyes.
"Goodie!", she hands over a large bag," now open it before I do it myself!"
I look in the bag and pull out a camera. "Oh my gosh Danny! I love it!"
"I know how you love taking pictures of everything! So take lots of pictures in England! Now keep looking!"
I pull out all of my favorite candy, my favorite movies, books, cd's, and a new notebook. "Danny, you're the best!", we share a quick hug and then I take a small bag from my mom's hands. I pull out a small box. I open it up and find a charm bracelet.
" I found the bracelet your sister gave you when you were six. I thought you would want it. I remember every time you used to get nervous-"
"Or when you like a guy!", Danny adds.
" I remember you would play with it.", my mom continues, " I thought you would want it when you're all by yourself in England.
"Thanks mom. This is really sweet!", I fasten the bracelet around my wrist," it finally fits!", I joke.
Then my mom hands me a box, "You don't have to open this now, but Danielle and I went shopping to get you a whole new wardrobe for England. Don't worry Danielle picked out everything she new you would like I just payed!"
   I stared at the box in awe. I haven't received new clothes since the beginning of freshman year!  I pulled them both into a massive, tight hug," thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

"Excuse me, princess", Liam interrupts," I got you a present also!", he holds out a box wrapped beautifully tied with a big ribbon.

The child in me comes out as I ignore how much time it probably took to wrap this, and tear it open. Under all the wrapping I've torn through is another layer of wrapping, but this one not so pretty.

I look up with a confused look on my face," my mom re wrapped it since I suck at wrapping.", Liam states and scratches the back of his head. I let out a loud laugh and unwrap it again.

"Liam...", I'm speechless. I hold a shiny new laptop, the cover meant to look like the Galaxy, one of my favourite things, "you didn't have to-"

"I already installed your favourite video games and Skype and your writing apps. It's perfect for you. But in return I want to see your pretty face On Skype as often as you can."

"Of course. Thank you!", I jump up and throw my arms around his neck and softly peck his cheek.

   "Can we eat cake now?", Danny asks while basically drooling over the cake.

   "Yes we can eat cake now!"

      After the party Danny insisted on staying the night saying that since I'm leaving next week she's going to spend the rest of my time here with me.
After showering and changing into a loose fitting crop top and a tight pair of short-shorts I meet Danny in my room.
"You look hot!", she jokes.

"As do you!", I exclaim seeing her in her donut patterned onesie.

There were many differences between Danny and I. I was tall, she was short. I have light brown hair, she has black hair. I have blue eyes, she has green. I was skinny, she was a bit on the pudgy side. Now don't get me wrong, Danny's gorgeous! It's just that other people don't see that.
   "I'm beat", she states letting out a big yawn.

   "Lame!"

   "You're la-", another big yawn," -me."

   "Then let's go to sleep you lamey."

"Dibs on the fuzzy blanket!", she squeals and jumps on my bed.

"Goodnight Danny", I say before I realize she's already asleep. I laugh and shake my head before falling into slumber myself.

______________________________

Hey everyone!
First chapter! I really hope you guys enjoy this book!
Anyways,
Updates will be pretty random. This is my last week of summer and it is completely busy! I will try to update every Saturday but please forgive me if I can't!
Maybe once school starts I can get a schedule but until then please be patient.
Next, if you have any questions for me feel free to ask! Just message me or ask in the comments!

Vote, comment, share!

Tata lovlies!