Chapter Twenty-six: Cotton Candy And Teddy Bears

"Well let's go."

     I follow Mason out of the room and he takes my hand in his. His hand brings me the comfort that I've been longing for. And for the first time I think I feel... Happy. With all that's been going on I forgot what that's actually felt like.

He leads me through different paths until we come up to bright lights and the smell of greasy foods.

"Welcome to the carnival."

"Let's do this."

We take off running to the first roller coaster in sight and jump on. The roller coaster slowly takes off, bringing us higher and higher. As we reach the top, right before it makes it decent, Mason turns my head quickly and kisses me. Oh how I've missed his kisses.

    A half hour later we're standing in front of one of the games. Mason throws another ball and knocks over the stack of bottles.

    "Winner!", the booth worker yells, "pick your prize."

    "What do you want, Aria?"

    "I want the giant teddy bear!", I squeal like a little girl as I jump up and point at the giant blue teddy bear.

    "We'll have the bear.", Mason tells the worker, barely containing his amusement as he does so.

    "Where shall we go next?"

    "I want some cotton candy!"

    "Ha-ha, okay let's go. Race you."

    "Hey that's not fair I'm holding a giant bear!"

    "Run fast... Ready... Set... Go!"

    We take off running. As we rush through the sea of people I see Evan staring right at me with a smile plastered on his face.

   No, no, no! This isn't happening! I want this date with Mason! I don't want any drama. I continue to run faster and barely finish behind Mason.

   "I win!"

    "Okay so what do you want as your prize?"

    "Another date with you."

    "Deal."

    Mason turns around and begins ordering us both some cotton candy as a certain pair of green eyes move closer to me.

    "Well, well, well, if it isn't Mrs. Aria looking as beautiful as ever.", his words give me butterflies, his eyes have me swooning, but nevertheless everything leaves me confused.

    "Hey Evan."

    "What are you doing here?"

    Before I can answer Mason turns quickly on his heels, "She's on a date, with me."

    A series of expressions and emotions fade by Evan's face. But quickly enough he pushes them all down and returns with his smile, "I see. Well you two have fun. Call me, Aria.", he turns and walks away, and I feel more and more horrible with each step he takes.

    "Here's your cotton candy, milady."

    "Thank you, kind sir."

    We both laugh and Mason puts an arm around my waist and we start walking away from the carnival and the bright lights.

    We walk back to the dorms and go inside. I throw everything on my bed and walk to the bathroom and strip off my clothes. I put on an oversized sweatshirt and walk back out to find Mason already fast-asleep.

    I quietly crawl into my bed and turn off my lamp. As I begin to drift off two arms grab me around my waist and a kiss is planted to my lips.

    "You didn't really think I was going to sleep without a kiss, did you?"

    My heart swoons and I move over in my bed to make room. Mason climbs in and wraps his arms around me.

    Maybe... Maybe I'm falling in love.

____________________________

hey everyone!

I am so sorry about how long an update took. I have had extreme writers block, but here is an update!

So what do you think of Aria and Mason's date?

What do you think about Evan coming up?

Aria loves Mason?

Remember, pick your favourite guy! Your votes will effect the ending!

----

So I am writing cliff views into an actual book rather than the short story it is. I can't wait to publish it for you all!

I'm also writing another story! No title yet, but I am so excited to share it with you all!! I can't wait!

---

What did you all think about this chapter?

If any of you would like to make any posters, banners, covers, etc. for this book; please do! I'd appreciate it, I'll feature all of them, and who knows, maybe I'll like one so much it will be my new cover.

I'm going to start putting my favourite comment, or anything that made me smile, at the end of my chapters. So if you want to be featured leave a cute comment, lovelies!

What do you think will happen next?

Vote, comment, share!🌸