Chapter Twenty-Seven: Nikki's P.O.V.

*Nikki's POV*

"Lizzi..."

"Shhhhh I'm sleeping."

"Lizzi."

"Shhhhhh we can talk when I'm awake."

"Lizzi."

"No."

"I have food."

"I'm up! I'm up!"

I hand Lizzi a plate of pancakes and a cappuccino and take a seat on the edge of her bed.

"So what is it?"

"Gr...", I choke back the tears that want to escape, I need to be strong, This is for the best, "Greg and I broke up."

She sets down her plate and looks at me intensely, "you what?"

"Yeah... we broke up."

"Why?"

"It's okay, it was mutual. We just... We decided we should stay friends."

That was a lie. I couldn't bear to date a guy who my best friend was into. I met up with him and I broke up with him. Oh my gosh, I didn't think it would hurt this much, but it needed to be done. I couldn't be that bad of a friend.

"Well are you okay?", Lizzi's face was full of concern, it just made me feel even worse for lying.

"Yeah, I'm fine.", and another lie.

"You wanna get Aria? We can have a girls day."

"That sounds nice. I'm gonna get ready."

I walk to the bathroom and shut the door. I turn on the shower water and slide down the side of the wall. My hands cover my face, and the water covers my cries, and no one will ever know something is wrong.

I've always been the strong one. 'Nikki, your pet died' okay, 'Nikki, you lost' okay. Everything has always been okay! So why am I not okay now?

I've always been the favourite in the family. Mason is the bad boy. His grades never impressed anyone, he never really talked to the family, and of course, his player reputation.

I on the other hand, I've always gotten straight A's, I've always been the good girl, and that's how everyone back home sees me. When I get here I change myself. I get a sassy attitude, I dress hotter, I go to parties, and I never, ever show that I'm hurt. Because usually, I never am.

But this... This heart break... I don't know how to handle this. Greg was my first boyfriend, he was my first kiss, he was my first love. I know I did the right thing. Friends first. Right?

I finally get up and get into the shower. I let the warm water relax me until my nerves calm. After my shower I get out and dry my hair. I straighten it and put on my full face of makeup. I put on a dark purple laced tank and a black floral kimono and a pair of black shorts. I then step into my black boots and walk out of the bathroom.

I grab my purse and phone and collect myself once more. Don't let them know. They can't know. I take a deep breath, put on my normal face, and walk out of the room.

I open up the door to Aria's room and take a seat on the couch next to Mason. He glances up at me and gives a nod before going back into his zombie game.

"So have you beat my score yet?", Aria says as she walks out of her closet.

"Almost, I just need to kill ten more zombies.", Mason answers giving her a smirk.

"Yeah yeah, ready Nikki?"

"Yeah, where's Lizzi?"

"She's waiting downstairs for us."

"Oh okay.", I get off the couch and head for the door.

Aria walks over to the couch and slips on a pair of shoes. She stands there for a moment watching Mason play. I'm still not sure about how I feel about my best friend and my brother.

    I open up the door and walk out and shortly after Aria follows. She catches up to me at the elevator and we step in together.

"So how are you and Mason?"

She blushes, it's disgustingly cute, "we're doing really well I think! We've been going on dates and he is so amazing."

I hold back the urge to roll my eyes at this, even though I really, truly want to.

The elevator opens and we step out and see Lizzi banging on the side of the vending machine.

"Stupid thing! Just give me my donuts!", she yells, loudly.

We laugh and walk over to help her get her snack. Her cheeks burn red, and we all can't help our obnoxious laughter.

    We go to get our nails done, we go shopping, we have a true girls day out. And it's exactly what I needed.

     At the end of the day we finally settle down to eat at our favourite sushi place.

    We talk and talk, and not once do I let my guard down. I pretend I'm fine, that I'm happy. I'm proud of myself.

__________________________

wow! It has been a while!

I am so sorry for how long the update took. I just needed a break from all of my social media, including wattpad.

This update has been done for a while, sorry I haven't published. Please don't hate me!!

But what do you think about everything hearing it from Nikki's point of view?

Hearing it this way have your views on everything changed?

🌸vote, comment, share🌸

Bye lovelies!