Chapter Two: Icecream and Kisses?

When I wake up the next morning I find Danny is already gone. I sit up and rub the sleep from my eyes.

I slip out of bed and make my way to the door. On the handle is a note from Danny 'Morning sleepyhead! I have stuff to do but meet me and the crew at Ice Cream Avenue at noon! Love ya girly! Xoxo ~Danny'

With the next three hours to waste I continue packing for England. I turn on some music and it actually turns out to be really fun. With an hour left I head to get ready.

I slip into a white formfitting sundress and a pair of white and gold pumps I received last Christmas as a present from Danny. I top it all off with my heart locket and the charm bracelet I received last night.

I then go into the bathroom to do my makeup - just the regular mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, and cherry lip gloss- and curl my hair.

With twenty minutes left to spare I grab my keys and purse and run outside. I jump in The Darkness, my all black Mini-Cooper, and drive off. I turn on The Gorrilaz and have my own little dance party.

I pull into the ice cream parlor, it's light pink walls giving it a sweet feel even before you walk in, and turn off The Darkness. I walk inside and join everyone at our usual corner booth.

"Heydyhey!", I greet everyone.

"Aria!", Danny jumps out of the booth and hugs me.

"Hi!", I laugh and take a step back.

Liam scoots to the wall and pats the spot next to him gesturing me to sit down.

   As I sit down I booty-bump him and steal his cherry.

   "Hey! Give it back!", he pleads.

  I plop the cherry in my mouth,"oops!"

   He glares at me and I give him the most innocent smile I can manage. He then bursts into a pit of laughter and so do the rest of us.

I've been friends with everyone since the second grade. I met Danny on the playground. She had just beat some boy up for pulling her hair. I came over and helped her off the ground and we went and built sand castles together. Later the boy she beat up came over to apologize and asked if he could build sandcastles with us. That's how I met Liam.

I met Jen and Garrett during the last month of school. We were having a school play and Jen was having stage fright. I held her hand and told her it would be okay. While on stage she froze and I grabbed the first person I saw, Garrett, to help me help her. We started acting like idiots in the background so the audience would focus on us. She finished her lines and gave us both a grateful smile. Needless to say we all got in trouble later.

I introduced everyone and we all became friends.

We finish off our ice creams, mine being Chocolate Monkey Chunk with cherries and rainbow sprinkles, and head out to a movie. Two hours later we head to Liam's for a sleep over.

Since this was last minute plans Liam had to lend the rest of us clothes to wear. I receive a very baggy shirt with The Walking Dead written across the front and zombies on the back. Sexy right? Haha no.

"I feel like a penguin.", I state.

"You look fine!", Danny attempts to reassure me.

We walk into Liam's bedroom to see everyone sitting in a circle.

"Ready to play some games?", Jen asks.

"Depends on the game."

"First, never have I ever. Second, truth or dare. Third, just for fun, seven minutes in heaven."

"I'm guessing the third is compliments of you, Jen?"

"You guessed right!"

Jen has had a crush on Garett for the last four months. She has done everything to get her chance. I guess this is her next attempt.

Danny and I join the circle and Liam hands us our cream-soda.

"I'll start!", Jen pipes up.

We all nod in agreement.

"Never have I ever gotten to third base."

Jen takes a sip.

"Classy Jen.", Danny jokes.

"Okay my turn... Never have I ever snuck out.", Garett says.

Everyone takes a sip.

"Never have I ever fallen in love.", Danny states.

Liam takes a sip.

"Spill!", I shout.

"No way!", he refuses.

"Pleaseee!"

"No way! Your turn!"

"Fine. Uhhhh.", I think for a few seconds," never have I ever kissed someone."

Everyone takes a sip but Liam and I. Everyone turns their head and looks at me.

"You've never had your first kiss?!", Jen asked me looking completely shocked.

"Uh no."

"Okay we're skipping truth or dare for now! Seven minutes in heaven!", she demands.

Reluctantly we go along with it. She chugs the rest of her drink and puts it in the middle. She spins it first, and of course it lands on Garett.

She takes his hand and walks to the closet.

We all share a look with each other and bubble into a pit of laughter.

"So neither of you have ever kissed anyone?"

"No", we state in unison.

"Wow."

I shrug it off and take another swig of my soda. Seven minutes later Jen comes out of the closet with a big grin on her face. A minute after Garett comes out with a smirk.

"Okay Liam your turn to spin!", Jen shouts out.

He spins the bottle and it lands on me. It takes a moment for me to realize. When I do the heat rushes up to my face. We walk to the closet without making eye contact. Think that was awkward? It was about 105% more awkward in the closet.

We sort of just stared at each other for the first minute. Then Jen shouts, "Just kiss already!", as if knowing we were just sitting there.

He leans in and takes my face in his hands. He leans in more until our faces are inches  apart. He closes his eyes and moves in but I back away. He looks at me with a combination of shock, confusion, and embarrassment shown across his face.

I look at him for another second before running out. I dash for the bathroom and lock the door. I change into my own clothes leaving his on the counter. I gather up the rest of my things and rush out of his house. I get in my car and am about to back out when Danny comes rushing out.

She gets into the passenger seat and debates on what to say. I feel the tears start to well up and look away.

"Emergency sleepover at your place?", she asks quietly.

I look at her and just smile. I back out of his driveway, and right when I start to drive I see him rush out, but I keep driving.

________________________________

I hope this chapter makes up for how short the last one was!

What do you think about Liam?

What about Jen and Garrett?

Vote, comment, and share!

Byyyeee!!!