Chapter Five: England At Last

When the cab pulls into the boarding school it is not at all what I was expecting.

   This was gorgeous! The dorms were six stories high, the school seemed to stretch on forever with three stories at that. The tennis courts were beautiful along with the football field. The entire school seemed like something from a dream.

   I walk into the administration office and it's just as pretty in here then it was outside. Marble floors, slick, ice looking walls.

   "May I help you?", an overly perky high-pitched voice asks bringing me out of my daze.

   "Oh sorry. Uh yeah, I need my schedule and room number.", I finally manage to get out.

    "Oh of course! Name please?"

   "Aria West."

   "Uh-huh right here! Okay here is your schedule and let me go get your key!"

   I over look my schedule:
1. History
   2. Advanced Algebra
   3. Advanced English
   4. Advanced Chemistry
   Lunch
   5. Free Period
   6. Athletics
   Well I guess it could be worse.

   "Here we are, room 516!"
   "Thank you!"

   "Uh-huh! Remember breakfast is at nine, classes start at ten. Don't leave campus without permission. Dinner is at six. And have fun! By the way your roommate hasn't checked in yet so if you hurry you can still have first pick on beds!"

   "Thank you!", I turn around and hurry out of the office only to run right into someone.

   "Oh! I am so sorry!"

   "It's cool. First year?"

   "Yeah."

   "What room are you?"

   "Uh 516."

   "No way! I'm 566! That means I'm right across the hall."

   "Oh cool, do you mind helping me find where that is?"

   "Oh yeah of course! I'm Eliza!", she holds out a hand.

   "Aria.", I shake her hand quickly.

   As she turns around gesturing me to follow I get a good look of her. Short strawberry-blonde hair dyed hot pink at the ends, a small figure, shorter than me, wearing a light blue sundress.

    As I follow her to the elevator she talks all about how great the food is here. Which actually sounds good at the moment seeing as I haven't eaten in hours.

   When we finally make it to my room she tells me that she's going to make a quick stop in her room and to knock on her door when I'm ready.

   I open my door to reveal a super nice room. Two twin sized beds at two parallel corners of the room, each with its own nightstand. Two large dressers. A large couch that could fit about eight people, a coffee table, and a television. Then on a little nook is a tea and coffee brewer.

   I pick the bed with the view of the campus and start setting up my stuff. First I put my black and blue sheets on the bed with a white comforter. Then I hang up my posters and pictures of my friends and I. Then I move on to putting all my clothes into the drawers. Lastly I go into the bathroom and put my things in my cabinet. Then after I make sure everything is good I go to knock on Eliza's door.

   As soon as the first knock she throws open the door and yanks me inside. Her room looks identical to mine except the other half is already put together.

   "That's Nikki in the other bed, you'll meet her at dinner."

   "Okay cool."

   "By the way call me Lizzi."

   "Okay."

   "Do you go by anything other than Aria?"

   "Nope. Just plain old Aria."

   "All good! Just making sure! Want a brownie?"

   She pulls out a whole basket full of brownies which I happily take one. Just as I take a bite the door slams open.

   "Oops sorry I forgot these doors are light. Whose this?"

   "I'm Aria, I'm guessing your Nikki?"

   "Good guess", she laughs.

   Nikki looked like a mirror image of Eliza except she had black hair and pale skin. She wore a yellow sundress and light pink lipstick that made her face light up.

   "Does anyone know where my my brother is? He hasn't checked in with the administration desk from what I've heard.", Nikki asks clearly frustrated.

   "No last time I saw him was when he got out of the car.", Lizzi pipes up.

"Fine. Well I'm starved so let's go get dinner."

We both happily follow.

_______________________________

-782words-

What do you think about Lizzi and Nikki? Who do you like better?

What do you think Aria's roommate will be like? Do you think they'll get along?

Vote, comment, and share!

Byyyeee!