Chapter Six: Smirks and Squeak Cakes

We walk into the Dining Hall and the smell of food almost had me drooling. We get in line and read the sign 'Bubble And Squeak Cakes' .

"Yes!", Lizzi and Nikki shout in unison.

"What is that?"

They share a smirk and turn around to receive their food. I take my tray and also pick up a vanilla cake and a cranberry juice.

We find a table in the back and all sit down. Apparently Bubble And Squeak Cakes is a series of vegetables with a fried egg on top. It. Is. Amazing.

When we're all almost finished with our meals two guys join us. The one who sits across from me has dark brown hair and icy blue eyes. His strong jawbone and perfect cheek bones shape his flawless face. He has a smirk that could make any girl swoon, but not this girl.

"Finally! Where have you been?", Nikki asks Cheekbones.

"Around.", he answers not taking his eyes off of me.

"Whatever.", Nikki rolls her eyes and goes back to her conversation with Lizzi.

"I'm Greg Jennings.", says the guy sitting next to Cheekbones extending his hand.

"Aria West.", I respond shaking his hand.

I look back at cheekbones to find him still staring at me. I can't help but blush. I really wish I could help it.

"Hey so we're still hanging out in your room right?", Greg asks
Cheekbones.

"Yeah.", he answers not taking his eyes off me once.

So I guess it's a staring contest. I lean forward in my chair and stare right into his eyes. We sit like this for about a minute and I feel the rest of the table staring at us.

   We stay like this. His smirk growing every minute. After what seemed like ten minutes of staring Lizzi pulls me out of my chair and leads me back to the hallway between our rooms.

   "See you tomorrow!", she says.

   "See ya!", I wave her off and we both enter our rooms.

   As soon as I enter I see the other half of the room set up. This bed has a navy blue comforter on top. I see an x-box set up with stacks of games. Well, at least we won't be bored.

   I remember I forgot to set up my bookshelf so I grab my bag and take out my two hundred and fifty-seven books. I know, I know it's not that many. But hey I couldn't bring them all!

   After I set it up I sit on the couch browsing through the channels looking for a good movie. Being very impatient waiting to see who my roommate is. When it turns ten I give up and head to take a shower. Even the water was fantastic! When I get out I put on a black sports bra and a black pair of boy shorts. I sure hope my roommate is okay with this and doesn't make me put on more clothes.

   I throw my hair up into a top knot and take off the rest of my makeup. After I finish moisturizing I take one last look in the mirror. I hear the door close in my room and I ready myself to meet my new roommate. I sure hope she's nice like Lizzi. And I sure hope she doesn't mind meeting me in my underwear. Nice first impression Aria, just great.

   I take a big breath and walk out of the bathroom. I walk to my nightstand to "check my phone" while really trying to gain some confidence. This girl has been a mystery to me all day, it's sort of nerve racking.

   Behind me I hear the tv pause and feel her staring at me. I really should have put on a robe or something.

   I turn around and see Cheekbones and Greg sitting on the couch. Greg with his mouth wide open and Cheekbones with his smirk still plastered on his face. Heat rushes to my face but we all keep staring.

   "Uh hi.", I say awkwardly.

   "Hi.", Greg replies the same awkwardness in his voice.

   "Dude you have a co-ed dorm?", Greg asks Cheekbones.

   "Guess so.", he says continuing to stare.

   "You wanna play?", Greg asks me gesturing to the zombie slayer game.

   "Sure.", I grab my black crop top from a drawer, slip it on, and join them on the couch.

   Greg hands me a controller and explains whoever kills the most zombies in the most "badass ways" and can kill the opponents wins.

   After two minutes of playing I get the hang of it and within a few more minutes I win.

   "Wha-what?", Greg turns to me and stares again.

   "What?", I ask.

   "How did you do that? You beat the highest score!"

   "Really?"

   "Dude she just beat your high score.", he says to cheekbones.

   He gives me another smirk.

   After an hour more of playing, or should I say me winning, Greg heads back to his dorm leaving Cheekbones and I alone.

He takes off his shirt and jeans to reveal his muscular body and black boxers.

"I don't think we've been properly introduced", he say with his same smirk," I'm Mason. Mason Reeves.", he extends a hand.

So Cheekbones does have a name. I was beginning to think I was going to have to call him Cheekbones the rest of the year.

"I'm Aria West.", I say accepting his hand and giving it a quick shake.

"West eh?

"Uh yeah."

"Hm. Night West.", and with that he crawls into his bed and goes right to sleep.

I turn off the lights and crawl into bed .

"Night Cheekbones.", I mutter to myself.

I hear a small chuckle across the room and my face heats up knowing he heard me.

_______________________________

-980 words-

Ooh! They're sharing a room.

What do you think about Mason?

Vote, comment, and share!

TATA lovelies!