{10}

|Sam|
I noticed Kourtney didn't eat. I was getting worried and she only ate 3 wings yesterday.

I asked why she didn't and she said she already ate..of course I didn't buy her lie.

"So you wanna tell me why you really haven't eaten or do I have to get it out of you" I asked a little mad.

"Sam don't get mad it's  nothing I just don't want to eat that's all"

"Kourtney Rae Gardner, if you don't tell me right now I'm going to flip a switch" I whisper yelled

"Ok I'll tell you later, we can go out for lunch"

"As in we, do you mean you and I, and you're actually gonna eat, or I'm gonna be the one eating and you're just gonna watch?" I said frustrated.

"Stop being a smart ass Sam"

'Skip to lunch'
"So are you gonna tell me or what?" I asked calmly

"Ok but don't get mad at me promise? And promise you won't hate me?" She asked, worry filling her facial expression.

"I promise Kourtney. Now can you just tell me?" I begged grabbing her hand.

"Ok so when I was young my dad was abusive, my mom never did anything to stop him. This went on until I was 13 one day my sisters report card came in the mail and she had an F in citizenship and he thought it was academically. He got pissed and when he got home he made me stand by her closet and made me watch him beat my sister 15 times with a belt. He lost it and broke the belt and just started hitting her with his hand. By this time Kourtney  was bawling her eyes out.

"I'm..I'm so sorry Kourts, you don't have to continue if you don't want to" I sighed

"No it's ok"

"Well after that, my mom came home from work and my sister had bruises everywhere. She had a sprained wrist from trying to block his hits and she was just really beat up. My mom wrapped my sisters arm and we left to a hotel for two days. My sister wasn't allowed to go to school for 3 months because the bruises were still too noticeable. My dad was then a bigger dick than ever, after that. He'd call me fat, stupid, slut, worthless and anything else he could do or say to bring me down. I'm a very emotional person so anything he said got to me. My sister learned to not let his words get to her, she ignored him a and he knew she didn't care anymore so he started bashing on me. I got depressed, and I became anorexic. I didn't eat for days. One day I popped pills and cut my wrists I don't remember anything after that. I woke up in a hospital bed and when they let me go home my dad beat me. It's ok I deserved it though. My mom had enough and finally kicked him out. He told me it was my fault and I was a worthless piece of shit and nobody will ever love me"

Kourtney was crying uncontrollably. It hurt me to see her like this.

"Kourts I'm so sorry, you don't have to tell me anymore if you don't want to"

"No it's ok I trust you Sam" "There's more let me finish" she said giggling  a little.

"Well after all that I still didn't eat and I cut a lot. I didn't pop pills ever again. I thought about commuting suicide a few times. I was afraid of guys for a while, until I met some really sweet guys I gained so much trust for them and they're pretty much the reason I'm here, and the guy at the airport he's the first guy that gained all my trust he helped me when I thought about committing suicide."

She was a lot calmer now, I on the other hand was pissed. My jaw was clenched and I just hated the fact that she had to go through all that.

"Kourtney, I'm so sorry for everything. I'm sorry for being a dick when we first met. I'm sorry that you had to go through all that. Just know that I'll always be here for you no matter what. I promise."

"It's ok Sam. And thank you. Can I show you something"

"Sure anything babygirl" she furrowed her eyebrows at me "Oh sorry, sure anything Kourtney" I said correcting myself.

She rolled up her sleeves reveling all her scars. How stupid am I how did I not see these before.

|Kourtney|
I showed Sam my scars he looked disgusted. I don't blame him.

"They're ugly I know" I broke the silence pulling my arms away.

"No Kourtney. They're beautiful. They prove how many times you fought against  yourself" he said taking my arm back into his hands and kissing my wrists.

"Sam why are you so sweet?"

"I'm only sweet to beautiful girls like you"

I was blushing hard now.

Maybe I shouldn't wait. Maybe I should just kiss his precious lips again.

"How about we get out of here and just go back to my place" Sam suggested

"Um if it's ok with you can we go to my place first? I have to change"

"Sure anything for you babygirl"

Sam and I got to my house and I went straight to my room.

"Wow I've never been in here. It's nice...really nice. Sam said looking around my room.
(Picture at top is Kourtneys room)

"Hey Kourtney?" Sam said while sitting on my couch.

"Yeah"

"Can I talk to you, like a serious talk?"

"Um yeah sure I guess" I took a seat next to him on the couch

"Ok I'm being one hundred percent serious"

"Ok what's up....wait if it's about me and how you hate me now it's fine I understand" I sighed

"No no no I don't hate you."

"Oh...ok then what is it"

"Well after everything you told me I was hurt. I was hurt knowing you had to grow up like that. Baby I wanna be here to protect you if anyone ever touches you or treats you in a bad way I wanna be the one who kicks their asses. I want to be with you and hold you when you're hurting. Baby please let me be here for you." Sam said putting me on his lap

"Thank you Sam. It means a lot that you actually want to be here for me. No one has ever treated me like you have" I placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Baby promise me one thing, promise me you'll eat. Please, baby you're too beautiful to think that you're nothing. Baby you have a perfect body don't ever let anyone tell you differently." Sam said as he wiped a tear that was rolling down my cheek.