Extended Description

"Oh my god. I can't believe Jake asked you to prom! What are you wearing?" Gross.

"We should toats go together like a double date." 'Toats' is not a word.

"Who do you think Ashton's going with?" Who's he? A football player?

"Who do you thinks going to spike the punch this year?" My ears perked up but I sighed. Prom is at it's hight, even though it's a week away, here at the most plastic high school where everyone's a fake. I can't say I enjoy it here but it's high school. I slammed my locker shut gaining a couple glares from people but carried on my way. No one really cared for my presence but I had my little group so everything's good. I made my way to lunch and sat down with my apple and water. Soon enough Addie and Adam showed up. They have been together since sophomore year and loads of people envied them. They also just so happened to be my best friends.

"Oh my gosh I heard Danny is planning something big for prom." Addie said after sitting down with her lunch, Adam right behind her. I sipped my water.

"Yeah, so?" I asked

"She must be pretty special since he's dated just about ever girl in the grade." I chuckled.

"Not me." I said standing up and walking over to the trash can throwing away my apple core. Right as I was about to walk back Danny came up to me. Wonderful.

"Hello Melanie." He said as he stopped me.

"It's Mel. What do you need Danny?" I asked crossing my arms, already annoyed by his presence.

"Well I just wanted to see how my favorite curvy, plump, sexy lady was doing." I just scuffed

"I know I'm fat Daniel could you get to the point?" That's right I'm a bit on the heavier side, shoot me.

He just chuckled and whistled gaining everyone's attention. The whispers spread like wild fire and I could feel myself shrinking with anxiety. Next thing I know, the school band is blaring around me and cheerleaders are prancing around us. All the chores girls started to sing and the chores boys came up behind Danny singing. Danny smiled at me. He was amazingly hot but him as a human...not so much.

"Prom?" He asked taking out a pastel purple rose. My hands started to sweat and I could feel the blush rushing to my cheeks but I held my ground knowing this was only going to end up with me hurt. I uncrossed my arms and reached for the flower that was now extended towards me. I lifted it to my nose and smiled. I looked at up him. He had a hopeful smirk if that made any sense. I smirked watching his face slowly drain.

"No thanks, I've got better things to do." With that I turned grabbing my bag and, with my head held high, I high-tailed it out of there as fast as I could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello people who have come this far. I would just like to say a quick thank you for reading this. Please bear with me on this story, I am extremely excited to finally be posting this here. I really hope you all enjoy this story and thank you so, so much for reading.