Doctors, ice cream, and kisses?

Chapter 27

Melanie's P.O.V.

I tried to roll over to get my alarm but my waist was only pulled back. I peeked one eye open and glanced behind me to Danny.

"Babe, let me go." I groaned out as his grip tightened. He hummed in response and feathered light kisses down my neck.

I leaned in to him as the alarm stopped and let him reach my lips even though I know we both have some harsh breath right now.

"I like the way you say babe in the morning." He grumbled kissing back down my jaw. I giggled from the vibrations and he nuzzled closer. I sighed at our closeness before the alarm went off again with Baby by the one and only JB. This time Danny groaned and leaned over top of me turning the phone off completely. He nuzzled back into the crook of my neck and leaned my head on top of his. He lightly kissed my collar bone and I let my eyes close in contentment.

I could do this every morning.

My eyes snapped open and I looked over to the time.

10:37.

"Shit, I forgot Ethen has a doctors appointment at eleven-thrity. Dad had work today." I said hopping up and rushing to the bathroom. Danny followed close behind me and we quickly brushed our teeth, he's had his own toothbrush over here for a while now. I went to Ethen's room to find him wrestling with his bed sheets as he was waking up. He's already taken full advantage of being able to stay up late and it's taking it's toll.

"Hey buddy, we have to go to the doctor today. It's time to get up." I said resting down on his bed and shaking him lightly. He rolled over and sat up next to me rubbing both of his eyes.

"Sorry squirt we don't have much time. Up and at em." I said standing and lightly tugging him with me. He yawned but got up anyway and wobbled to the bathroom. I went over to his dresser and pulled out his favorite pants and lucky socks. His words, not mine. He can pick a t-shirt from his closet himself. Danny was leaned against the door way watching me with a small smile.

"Do you ever want kids?" He asked as I walked past him towards my room. I threw him a questioning look but nodded anyway.

"Not soon but maybe before I'm thirty. I've helped take care of Ethen a lot and I know the struggles of having to take care of small children on your own and it can be really frustrating. I don't feel like I've missed out on anything but I want to live a little, you know? Do you want any?" I asked even confusing myself the slightest. He thought for a moment then nodded. I bent over to throw my hair up in a messy bun. Lazy girl status.

"Yeah, but I want to make sure I'm with the right person." He said sliding on his shirt. He took it off sometime in the night. Then he came over to me and rested both of his arms around my waist and on my hips.

"And you wouldn't be doing it alone. You would have somebody, hell you might even have me." He said throwing me a wink. I smiled and rolled my eyes but went onto my toes to give him a kiss anyway. Danny and I talked like this a lot, the future and what we want to do with our lives, but we always find a way to incorporate each other. We both have plans, we know nothing lasts forever, but maybe we both hope it might.

Danny deepened the kiss slowly, his hands moving to my hips and tugging them closer. I barely stumbled too him but he kept his grip tight not letting me slip away. My arms progressed up his torso and around his neck, my hands getting lost in the thickness he calls hair. He groaned a little at the small tug but we both jumped away from each other when we heard the door shift open.
Every ounce of blood in my body rushed to my face and I stood there like an idiot looking at my baby brother ready to go.