Bonus Chapter

~BONUS VALENTINE'S DAY CHAPTER~

It started February first with one, overly sized, red rose. Followed by another...and another. It was now Valentine's Day evening and I was sitting on the couch admiring my thirteen roses.
Who even does this? When did he get so romantic?

I rolled my eyes and grinned to myself.

What a sap that I was madly in love with.

I sat back grabbing the TV remote. Flipping through channels, finally deciding on reruns of Greys Anatomy. Not long into the second episode I heard the familiar jingle of keys and the door opening and shutting. I quickly stood shutting the TV off and raced to the door.

Danny's arms encased my waist instantly meeting me half way through our open kitchen. My arms went around his neck as he feathered light kisses all over my face. By the time he was done he had me dipped and giggling like a school girl.

"Well hello to you too." I said as he lifted me back up.
"Hello, beautiful." He mumbled against my lips before giving me one final kiss. I sighed into him and tightened my grip. Everyday was like this. Every kiss. It seemed like no matter what he always had me on my toes. He always held me tight, like I might just slip from his grip.
"Well how was my wonderful lady's day?" He asked pulling away. We still stood there wrapped in each others arms through.

"Alice spilled a pitcher of tea all over a couple and Kendal decided it would be a good idea to slip a fake ring in to another couples bread sticks." I said shaking my head. What kind of servers did I hire? His head fell back laughing.

"That's terrible." He got out between chuckles.

"Yeah but they laughed it off and it back fired on Kendal. They guy was proposing anyway with a much better ring." I said stepping back and walking over to the oven.

"What about you?" I said pulling out the perfect roast, potatoes, and carrots.

"Oh, you know, the usual. Relocated a shoulder, helped a baby cough back up a carrot, a couple *frequent flyers." He said chuckling. I rolled my eyes but chuckled anyway. I turned and grabbed a serrated knife and large fork. I cut the roast into a few large pieces then grabbed two plates. I piled the garlic roasted meat and veggies on both plates then quickly stirred together a gravy with the beef drippings, pouring that on top as well. I grabbed a plate in each hand and set them in their places at the preset table. I turned back to Danny and smiled.

"Pick a wine." I said motioning to our small wine rack. For a only being a couple years over the limit, we seemed to have decent taste.

"How about Cabernet?" He asked pulling out the unopened bottle. I smiled and nodded grabbing a couple long stem, wine glasses. He followed me to the table around the bar and we sat side by side. He popped cork and I held the glasses steady. He filled them half way, popped the cork back in a relaxed looking at me with the boyish grin he never grew out of. I simply grinned back at him leaning into my chair.

"What?" I asked, my quiet voice moving through the room.

"I love you." He said sipping his wine, his eyes never leaving me.

"I love you too." I said mimicking him. His eyes widened the slightest and he set the glass back down.

"Foods not good cold." He said grabbing his fork. I eyed him for a second as he took a bite but dug in as well.

"I swear, one day I'll marry you just for food." He said moaning into his fork. My fork froze at my lips and I quickly glanced to him with just my eyes. That was the first time he had mentioned marriage since we've been together. He didn't seem to notice so I kept on as normal.