Lace

Chapter 4 Lace

I practically flew forward as Danny pulled me into him. I don't know if I was imagining it but I swear I heard a few gasps. It was just yesterday that I brutally denied him in front of these people. It could be that the schools hottest guy was pulling ME of all people out of his car, into his chest non the less. I slipped away from him but he insisted on keeping our hands together. I sighed and ran my free hand through my still wet hair. I looked over to Danny to only catch him looking away quickly. I could feel the color rising to my cheeks but it soon faded when I saw where his gaze was now set.

Angela Peirce. She was very obviously queen bee. Her choppy, shoulder length, jet black hair was shiny and curled today. It framed her flawless face and piercing blue eyes.  With her tall curves, she was the perfect girl for practically everyone. She was, sadly, the standard set far too high for anyone to reach. Her glossy red lips quirked a smirk as we finally reached the front of the school. Danny's grip surprisingly tightened as she approached us.

"Well hello there." She directed towards me with a small smile. I raised my head and stood straight.

"Hello. Do you need something?" I was overflowing with false confidence in hopes of deterring her away. If only.

"Actually I was wondering if you could get your fat, gross, sweaty fingers off my boyfriend." It was pretty visible the shock coming from Danny and I at the kindness in her voice. She was never one to be rude or snotty towards anyone but she still knew where she was on the school food chain. I looked to Danny who's jaw was ticked. Then he smiled and dropped my hand.  My jaw slacked a bit is shock. Even if people didn't want us 'together', there were still gasps. He moved forward to the smirking Angela and they wrapped their arms around each other. Seconds in to the warming hug he pulled away. Then, little jellies fell from underneath her shirt and I gasped.

He unclasped her bra. Her awesome D boobs were fake. I did NOT see that coming. Danny looked to me and smiled then looked back to Angie with a scowl on his face.

"She's not fat either. She's fucking beautiful and most certainly not fake. It can't be that much of a surprise for everyone. I'm sure half the guys knew anyway. Just do us both a favor and stay the hell out of our lives?" He through an arm around me and we walked in the direction of class. Neither of us bothered to look behind us as we heard her cries and heels moving across the floor.

"You have no idea how bad I've wanted to do that since I found out." I smiled then turned to Danny only to be met with his face inches from mine. I moved away quicker than I should have and he sighed.

"So you really remember us being friends?" I put a hand over my mouth as the question had slipped out involuntarily. He turned from looking in his locker and looked at me smiling.

"How could I forget? We were just the best of friends." I laughed. Our families were friends. My dad and his, his mom and mine. That's a lot of the reason why we stopped being friends, mom got sick so none of us could hang out.

"We really were." I mumbled, he smiled sadly and we made the way to my first class.

"Uh, thanks for walking me. You didn't have too." He smirked

"I didn't have HAVE too. I wanted too." I smiled and right before I could make my way in, he kissed my cheek. He smiled once more then turned to make his way to class. I turned to go in class and raised my hand to my cheek.  It was warm and seemed much softer than the rest of my face. A small smile was left on my lips as I sat down in the back. Today will be good.

It was finally lunch. Danny was yet again by my side like he had been all day if we weren't in classes. Although, he was almost a foot away from me. I'm not complaining but it's like he was getting farther and farther away through out the day. We finally made it to the cafeteria and he walked away to the lunch line with out a word. I made my way to my normal lunch table to see Addi and Adam already there. Sucking face. I slid in across from them making sure to scrape my chair on the floor as I did so. They jumped away from each other like a couple of kids looking down trying to cover their red faces. I just chuckled and sipped my water. Pretty much every day I got a bottle of water from the vending machine. I didn't normally eat at school, I always felt way more awkward than I should. I only had myself to blame for it though.