Sweater

Sweater

Chapter 5

Finally out of the shower with my towel wrapped with my hair and my robe around my body. I was in my room, shuffling through my iPod trying to find something to listen too. Finally settling on Earned It but The Weekend I was pleased enough to go digging through my drawer for underwear and a strap sports bra. I hung up my robe on the back of my door and slid on my under garments. I found a black tank top in another drawer and slipped it on as well. I bent over and undid my hair trying to dry it some. I flipped it back up once it was in loose, damp ringlets and walked over to my deck chair grabbing the sweater I normally wore around the house and slipped my arms in. It was loose and open but warmed me up. I fluffed my hair with my towel again before tossing it on the bed and grabbing my brush. I heard someone bounding up the stairs so I went to my dresser again and grabbing a short, pink pair of shorts then went back to brushing my hair. My back was to the door and I heard it open and close.

"Hey Ethen now was your day at school?" I asked turning around. My hand gripped the hair brush tight making my knuckles pop at the sudden movement.

"Why the hell are you here Danny?" I asked setting down the hair brush quickly and tightening the sweater around my chest. You honestly couldn't see my shorts with the sweater covering my front. He paused and scanned me up and down.

"I'm not a piece of freaking meat, what do you want?" I asked, the agitation in my voice finally gaining his attention. His eyes reached mine.

"I'm sorry. I completely forgot about you not having last bell and then in rained, I'm so sorry Melanie." I was about to respond but I sneezed. I groaned but responded anyway.

"You didn't seem to forget yesterday." I said shivering a little. Damn it, it was probably getting sick. I walked over to my closet and slipped off my sweater quickly and slipped on a larger, warmer hoodie. It fell long past my shorts about to mid thigh. Feeling warmer I turned my attention back to Danny.

"Look, it never happened okay? My head hurts. I just wanna lay down." I said waving him off and heading for my bed. I got under the covers and looked over to Danny.

"I'm sorry." He said again, much quieter this time. I slightly nodded and patted the other side of the bed. He reluctantly came over and sat, I furrowed my eyebrows tiredly.

"Lay." I mumbled. He sighed but obligated. We were face to face, me almost asleep.

"I forgave you, don't look so miserable." He chuckled at my jumbled words but I guess he understood what I said.

"You're sick though." I smiled a bit.

"Barely, I swear I'll live so I can be your 'awesome' eye candy." I said chuckling to myself. I cracked open an eye to see him still staring at me, this time with a bit of a grim look.

"You'll look amazing. Especially next to me." He said grinning like an idiot. I grinned, back to cocky Danny.

After an hour power nap, I woke to see no Danny. Although his jacket was still on my bed. More or less with me curled around it. I blushed and pushed it away even though no one was around to see. I untangled myself from the sheets and stood, quickly I removed my sweatshirt felling too hot. Once my sweatshirt was on the bed I bed I began stretching.

Like the biggest, most unreasonable stretch I could muster up, and then some. I finally lost my balance and fell onto the bed. I was warm, and comfy, and shut my eyes sighing contently.

"Hm. Glad to see you feeling better." I jumped up to see Danny leaning against the doorframe. My arms immediately went to my stomach and I walked over to my desk chair and slipped on my light sweater. I tugged it closer around myself and turned to see Danny about a foot away from me.