Prom Part 2

Chapter 12

Melanie's P.O.V

I've kissed people before. I've kissed a couple guys, Addison. Don't ask, we were thirteen and curios. Although I'd never thought I was going to kiss Danny. I didn't even think this would mean anything. Then again I don't really know what going inside his head at this point. How did he feel? What did he feel? Did he really want to kiss me?

"I'm going to kiss you Daniel."

I mumbled. It slid off my lips as if this was something I would really say. He nodded back at me and I pulled him forward a little bit. I hesitated for just a second as his rapid breath fanned my face. Was I really going to kiss him? Like, really kiss him? He pulled me the rest of the way forward eagerly and I couldn't help it. Our lips touched and I wound up wrapping both arms around his neck. No fireworks. Fireworks didn't happen when you kissed someone. You get tingles. You get weird anxiety that excites you even though you didn't know anxiety could be exciting. You get goose bumps and you feel light. His arms tightened around my waist. As he pushed his pouting lips more onto mine. I couldn't help but grin as he tugged on my bottom lip. I hugged his neck tighter to me and pulled him even closer. He didn't hesitate to capture my lips once again happily. He pushed my back to the wall and I gasped from the cold. He slid his tongue in my mouth and I froze for just a second. He pulled away quickly and we both panted for breath.

"Sorry." I mumbled still trying to breathe properly. He just grinned down at me.

"Don't be. That was pretty hot." He said laughing. My face light up in embarrassment and my head fell onto his shoulder. His laughter bellowed out and rang in the small elevator.

"Aw don't feel bad cupcake, I'm only telling the truth." He laughed even harder and I pulled his hair. Cause you know, we were still tangled in one another's arms.

"Feisty, save that for later." He said. I lifted my head and raised an eyebrow. I removed my arms and tried to sidestep away but his arms held me tightly in place.

"No later. Now let me go." I stated.

"I'll let you go if you hang out with me later." He said smirking.

"I'm not kissing you again, Greyson. What happened in the elevator, stays in the elevator, I thought hm?" I asked smiling.

"Well then I guess the elevator's coming home with me." He said in a sigh. He was trying to avoid making the lopsided grin on his face but it was inevitable.

"Now why would you want to do a thing like that?" I asked trying to subside my own grin. His hands squeezed my hips causing me to jump back, hitting the freezing wall. I bit down on my bottom lip to keep from yelping from the cold.

"Because you're a hell of a lot hotter with red lipstick on so please stop biting your lip." He said resting his head on my shoulder. My eyebrows came together in confusion at his words. I just rolled my eyes and put my hands over his grabbing them. I lifted his arms and slid under them walking to the buttons. I tapped the white, flashing 'pause' button and wondered why they even had it.

Did things like this occur often?

As we stood waiting to get to the bottom floor I glanced to Danny. He had a grin, along with some lipstick. My face became extremely hot as I tried to scrub it off with my hands. He caught on and started to rub his mouth too. Damn stubborn lipstick. I stepped back after a moment of vigorous scrubbing and smiled contently.

Things weren't as awkward as I thought they would be. Defiantly thought they would be awkward. My eyes darted up to the level sign. We were only at floor 7 by now. Even though that didn't matter and I was avoiding Danny's face in fear of things becoming awkward.