Netflix and Chill

Chapter 19

Saturday morning breakfast was a normal thing in my house. Dad and I made an array of food while Ethen watched cartoons. Only today was different. Since we came in so late Dad insisted that he crash on the couch and join us.

'He was always welcome.'

So waking up just a little past eight then going down stairs after brushing my teeth, I was only slightly stunned to see Danny and my father chatting over coffee. I gave a suspicious eye when neither of them noticed me when I slipped I into the kitchen for tea. Peppermint to be exact. Once I was finished making it I went back to the dining room table, only to be slightly greeted. I sat next to Danny in a huff. He rested his hand on my bare thigh and gave it a slight squeeze. I crossed my legs, his hand never moving, and sipped my tea to hide my smug grin. We were even now, even if it was a really terrible way for me to than about it like that. I pushed him away when we were younger after mom died, he fucked up after he realized that feelings were mutual. He came forward and did the big-boy thing to do even if my feelings were hurt. Feelings. We both had feelings. And kissing. I hadn't paid close attention but my god his lips were like whiskey and I was taking my first sips, preparing my throat for the burn of it all.

"So the wedding is in July?" My dad asked, my presence still a bit irrelevant.

"July twentieth. You guys are all invited." Danny said. My dad nodded and smiled.

"We'll be there." Danny smiled at my fathers words before he turned to me.

"So since you decided to join the living, what's for breakfast?" My father asked sipping his coffee. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, so you notice I'm here when you get hungry?" I said standing. His eyes widened before I chuckled.

"You're all idiots." I said rolling my eyes. I grabbed my tea then made my way to the living room were Ethen was watching Paw Patrol and playing with Legos.

"What do you want for breakfast, kid?" I asked kissing the top of his head. He grinned up at me before turning back to the TV.

"Chocolate chip waffles, sausage, eggs, pancakes, potatoes-" He said rubbing his stomach before I cut him off.

"Alright, how about three things?" I said.

"Does sausage count?" He asked giving me a challenging eye.
"No." I said sipping my tea.

"Eggs, potatoes, and waffles. Chocolate chip please." He said with a wide smile. I saluted him with a nod.

"You got it, dude." I said turning and walking towards the kitchen.

"Don't forget the sausage!" He yelled out before I was out the door.

"Wouldn't dream of it." I said entering the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen I got two bags of pre-made hash browns, eggs, milk, and cheese. I grabbed an onion and Bisquick then got to work. Making things from scratch wasn't difficult, it just took longer and I now had two semi-fully grown men to feed. Sorta, and I'm sure Ethen could eat a whole grocery store if he tried. Shellfish aside, he has an allergy. I grabbed a large skillet and put it on a burner. I put enough oil in to cover the bottom. I let that get hot then got to work on my waffles mixing Bisquick, eggs, milk, and chocolate chips. I scavenged around in the lower cabinets in search for the waffle iron. My sweat shirt had rode as I was bent over and knew the word 'FANCY' written across my butt was on full display, but that seemed to slip my mind. I finally found the waffle iron and went to stand up when someone slapped my butt. I quickly stood up and turned to face a grinning Danny.

"You're so fancy, you already know, from bedroom to kitchen, your ass is a good show, woah!" He mumbled dancing. I slapped his chest a couple of times, contemplated beating him with the waffle iron, but turned away and got to work ignoring the heat in my face. He just snickered then wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. I ignored him as I plugged in the waffle iron and sprayed it then started to chop the onion. I held my breath the inter time but nearly lost it all when I heard Danny sniffle. I was mad at him for slapping my ass though so I wouldn't dare. Once the onion was chopped I cut open the two bags of potatoes. I went to walk over to the stove but Danny's arms didn't move. My bare feet skid across the floor slightly before I almost dropped the bags.