Sociopath

Chapter 13

My left hand had some how gotten laced threw Danny's right as he sped threw the empty streets. It was now almost midnight and I was pretty sure we were lost.

"Do you know where we are going?" I finally asked. He just smirked.

"Yes."

"Do I get to know where?" He chuckled.

"Nope." He said popping the 'p'. I huffed and drew my hand from his crossing my arms. I was again met with a cold chill without his toasty hand. Gah, that was weird.

"Aw, don't be that way. It'll be worth it." He said. I ignored him and he made a strange noise. It was a mix between a dying cat and a screeching sound. I turned to him with wide eyes.

"What the hell was that?" I asked slightly worried.

"A conversation starter." He said grinning. I rolled my eyes.

"You're childish." I said clicking on the radio. He huffed but didn't say anything else. I was smiling but I let my hair fall covering my face. He hummed along to Hold My Hand by Jess Glynne.

"Darling hold my hand." He belted out reaching out his hand. I stared at it for a moment and then brushed it off singing out the part that was up.

"Tell me that you've got me and you're never gonna leave." He smirked at me and turned averting his eyes back to the road. He rested his hand in my lap palm up. I couldn't help the small grin that laced my lips as I briefly glanced at him. He had a small smile himself as he turned the wheel with one hand. He lost his jacket and had his sleeves rolled up. To say he looked sexy as hell would be an understatement. Even if it WAS Danny. I sighed grinning like an idiot then rolled my eyes dramatically putting my hand in his. He had zero hesitation linking our fingers through one another's. Warmth made it's way up my arm causing goose bumps. A blush crept up to my cheeks for no reason. Things like this hadn't happened before or the feeling was different or something.

Very ordinary things felt different when doing them with Danny. I just didn't know why.

"Are you ready for something pretty amazing?" He asked after a couple a minutes. I turned to him and raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know." I said slightly worried. He laughed and pulled into an empty parking lot of an abandoned building. I stared out the window to the dark streets lightly eliminated by the moon. The building was dark about seven stories high. A couple of the windows were boarded up, some broken, with what I could see as one door. I turned to Danny with worry. I tried to cover it up with a smile and he laughed at me. I frowned at him as he got out of the car waltzing over to my side of the car. He had his jacket slung over one arm and the other extended towards me through the open door.

"Are you sure this is, uh, right?" I asked chuckling. To say I was worried, possibly nervous, wouldn't be a lie. He shook his head chuckling. He waved his extended hand towards him.

"Come on doll face, I won't let anything happen to you." He said grinning. I scuffed and stood brushing off his hand. I was wobbly on my spikes for shoes and my hand shot out grabbing his shoulder. He slammed the door resting his hand in top of my mine. He laced our fingers and pulled me along towards the building. His hand was connected to mine as he went ahead practically dragging me. I couldn't help but laugh as I stumbled to keep up. We made it to the building in one piece and unscathed thankfully. Danny swung open the door and stepped in.

Well, fell in.

It happened fast, my hand slipped from his and I froze catching myself on the door way. He landed with a thud on his side, sliding about a foot ending the experience with a hearty groan that echoed through out. I stepped OVER the significantly large thresh hold and raced over Danny. I knelt down to his side and put my hands on his chest lightly.