Hips For Days

Chapter 16

Danny's P.O.V.

"Dude, have you tapped that yet?" I grunted in response to Alex, the idiot that had girls falling left and right. I didn't feel like trash talking the girl I was trying to get at my side for a week.

"That was rude." Snapped Eli. He was the idiot who fell in love. Both were like my brothers.

"Just because you have a girl at your side now doesn't mean you can go all squishy on us dude." Alex said.

"Hold up, you're making fun of me for having a bit more respect for chicks yet you are going to use the word 'squishy'? Don't try to pin this on Cass." Eli responded laughing. Cassidy was his girlfriend of almost a year. Alex and I both, actually really liked her.
"Shut up, both of you. No I have not 'tapped' that yet, have some respect and don't make fun of his choice of words. Both of you, grow up." I said shifting in my seat. I was driving out for lunch with them, by request. I didn't feel like leaving school but they dragged me out to McDonalds anyway. We had eaten in the car and now were killing time for the next fifteen minutes before we had to head back.

"Whatever, how's it working out with Melanie any way? She a super-solid two hundred bucks." Alex said laughing. I looked over to his laughing figure and punched him straight in the shoulder, hard.

"What'd I say about having some respect? Don't be a fucking ass." I grumbled turning left cruising threw the rich neighborhood a few miles from school. This is what we did when we had nothing better to do.

"Sheesh, don't go and get all squishy on me too. I was just asking." I rolled my eyes at his fake attempt at being hurt.

"Shut up man. Most of us actually have feelings." Eli shot at him. I groaned as the bickered back and forth. I pulled out of the neighborhood and headed for school. I could probably get more enjoyment there. The entire way there they continued to go back and forth until I pulled in when they paused.

"We have, like, seven more minutes." Alex said as I parked.

"Yeah, and you two are idiots that I can't stand. Now get out of my car." I said grabbing my backpack and hopping out keys in hand. I slammed the door and waited for them to exit before locking my car and walking towards the cafeteria doors.

"You love us." Alex called out. I flicked him off and entered the buzz of the cafeteria. I scanned the room searching for a certain messy bun and found it on the other side of the cafeteria. I began my walk towards Mel, side stepping around other people. Some with trays, others just blocking the way. I was half way there when she glanced up and saw me. A small smile laced her perfect lips when my view was blocked by a curled, black bob.

"I know what you are doing to her and I honestly don't see why you are even wasting your time with her." Angie said crossing her arms.

"Can't you take a hint? I'm not doing anything to her and I honestly don't want to see your face." I said crossing my arms and mimicking her. She huffed and rolled her eyes like a child.

"You'll regret what you did." She said narrowing her eyes.

"What? Me showing everyone just how fake you really are starting with your tits? Look Angie, just leave me alone and well, I already don't want anything to do with you." I said stepping away. "Tootles." I said with no expression. I heard her huff in annoyance and smirked with satisfaction as I approached Mel's table. I sat beside her and scooted my chair close to hers, wrapping an arm around her pulling her closer.

"Hey." I said looking at her. She glanced at me and raised an eyebrow. She had a few hairs falling around her face and her lips were a deep pink color.