Party Like You're Alone Together

Chapter 33

Melanie's P.O.V.

"What in the actual hell are we doing, Addi? We wondered the mall for a while, then you dragged me all the all the way in to Toys R Us to buy a stuffed animal and now we have passed that Wendy's twice. I don't mind chilling out but do you really want to waste gas?" I huffed sitting back in my seat. She sighed as pulled up to a stop light.

"Look, I just wanted to hang out on your birthday but you haven't made any comment towards what you want or what you want to do so I have no idea where to take you. We always do the same things for your birthday." She admitted quickly. I sighed as well.

"Why don't we go back to my house and chill out?" I asked. She shrugged.

"It's your birthday, Mel. I know you've been sitting at home doing nothing all week so why would I let you go back home now?" She asked as she pulled off.

"And I'm lost." She said sheepishly. I groaned and looked out my window. She's lived here her whole life and she was lost.

"Are you serious?" I asked turning back to her.

"Yeah just a little. I might be able to get us back to where we should be but I want to make a right instead." She said flicking on her blinker last minute and making a sharp turn on to a road that lead back past all the small shops of the boardwalk. We just left the beach after sitting, doing nothing but talking for forty-five minutes.
"Really? You say we are lost then just turn the first corner you see?" I asked. Then I started clapping because if anyone deserved it, it was my best friend right about now. She just snorted.

"Very lady like." I said quickly. She stuck her nose to the air.
"Yeah I know. I'm sexy." She said before throwing me a wink. I decided to ignore her and pulled my phone from my small purse to text Danny. I wore a blue, thin strapped sundress with red flowers. It was a little bolder than my usual but still pretty casual, and I had makeup on. Score one for adulthood.

'Addison is taking me down a long road away from the city. I think today is the day that my best friend kills me.' I typed it out quickly then sent and put my phone back in my lap. I could see a couple taller buildings down past some trees in front of us. Addi rolled down the windows and soon enough I could smell the beach again.

Where were we?

The phone vibrated in my hand so I slid to she the message from Danny.

'Okay well just know that I'll love you forever.' A blush crept to my face and I glanced at the time.

"So what are we doing dash where are we going?" I asked suddenly really wanting to see Danny. I loved my best friend but I might have loved him just a little more. Addison replied with a terrible menacing laugh.

"Just wait." She answered ad sat back as a couple cars passed us on the two way road.

"That doesn't really answer my question." I stated. She ignored me.

"Can you at least give me a warning?" I asked. She kept her eyes on the road. I scuffed crossing my arms and sat back in my seat. My eyes wondered to the window trying to figure this out. I knew the town pretty well but I just couldn't place it. Something landed in my lap lightly and I looked down to find sleeping mask.

"Really?" I asked blandly.

"Just put the damn thing on." I rolled my eyes but slid it on carefully. So much for a hint and being lost. I felt her make a right turn, then a left. There was a brief stop before she parked and the car shut off.