Okay

Chapter 22

Finding a giant house amongst other giant houses is something you would think would be difficult.

Now, finding a giant house, pulsing to music, surrounded by cars on the beach? Not so much.

Addi sat forward searching for Adams car after getting a text on the way here. He was insistent on taking his old, beat up Ford Escort instead of Danny's car because it was easier to find his beauty of the ancients than the car all the hot, rich kids had.

Danny text me shorty afterwards saying that it was his words and asked if he could punch him, in which I was happy to agree.

I slowed along the array of cars as other zoomed past on the other side. Addison's hand shot out startling me and low and behold, her boyfriends ugly car. The spot in front and behind were both empty. I couldn't help but chuckle as I parallel parked in front of him and turned to Addi.

"Are you ready for this?" I asked. She shook her head yes.

"Yeah, but you aren't." She said shuffling through her small purse. She eventually pulled out a dark red tube and unscrewed the pink top.

"Come here." She said grabbing my face. She quickly flicked on the over head light and practically painted my lips. The texture was super liquid-y but never ran.

"Don't rub your lips, just give it a minute to dry." She said happily placing the secure tube back in her purse. My eyebrows scrunched together but I listened and waited. After about a minute and a half of sitting in awkward silence before I decided to move my lips.

"Well this feels funny." I said my lips stuck together as they opened. She just chuckled and got out of the car.

"Come on, we got a couple of hot asses waiting for us." She said slamming the door before I could say anything. I just chuckled to myself. I flipped off the light then slid out after making sure I had my phone and money. I locked the car then shoved my keys in to my back pocket as well.

After just a few steps I was able to walk like a human once again and caught up to Addison who was now waiting for me by the door.

"Good?" I asked. She nodded then let herself in. Music hit me like a wave and pulsed through my body. It wasn't so loud that I couldn't hear people talking but loud enough to feel it in my chest. The next thing that hit me like a brick was a sweet alcohol. I stepped on something and my foot slid but I kept my balance. I glanced down to see a small, clear, plastic cup.

Jell-o shots.

Just because I wasn't fond of parties didn't mean I didn't know what was going on. Now I was slightly excited. Only a little. The door slammed behind us and Addi whipped out her phone.

"They're in the kitchen." She said not having to strain too hard over the music. I nodded and picked a direction. Weaving through my past piers I managed to get us to the large kitchen. It was packed too.

Well this helps.

I leaned up on my toes and glanced over peoples heads. I spotted the backs of both of their heads on the other side of the room and grabbed Addi's hand pulling her in that direction.

"Tall people." She muttered. I chuckled and let go of her hand. She raced to catch up after loosing her balance but made it to my side safely. I had to take long strides to walk comfortably and Addison had to practically run. We made it to the other side of the flooded kitchen and I tapped Danny's shoulder. What I didn't expect was a couple of ruff looking guys to turn around, both much taller than me.