Let's Go Shopping

Chapter 6

" 'Perfect

Per-fect

To be as good as it can possibly get.'

I have never been one to believe in the word 'perfect'. There can be a perfect moment, a perfect time, but never a perfect person. Perfect has always deemed to me, a little boring. I mean how can there only be one perfect for everyone? A perfect moment can't be shared with strangers. It's something that just happens, for you. It was perfect to you because of this. Alas, everyone on this earth has a flaw. Not one single person can be perfect and that's beautiful."

I set my pencil down and looked back at my little slip of paper. I was in English. The teacher had a hat full of random words on the desk and we had to pick one out and right a description.

"Alright. Most of you look finished so I'm going to explain this. You each have a descriptive word that corresponds with another. For instance love and hate please stand up." Two boys stood up and groaned.

"You will be each other's partner's for the last project of the year. You may sit by one another." The two boys groaned again and swapped seats, leaving a good foot between them. My eyes scanned the room and my breathe hitched when I realized this is my only class with Danny. Just my freaking luck.

"Grab your things and find your partners." She waved her hands motioning for us to rise so I grabbed my bag standing with note book and pencil in hand. I walked aimlessly around the room looking for someone saying imperfect. Finally everyone but Daniel Greyson himself and I were standing.

"Alright, you two are the last partners, take a seat." I gulped and nodded heading for the last seat in the back of the class along with Danny. I sat down and he plopped down to my right.

"Okay. You each need to come up with a presentation of opposites. I want you to work with your partner to create a speech on why opposites attract. I need an intense amount of detail. I want examples and ideas of how these things live in harmony, if there is any at all. You will be presenting on Monday and Tuesday. You may begin." I sighed and turned to Danny.

"We just can't get enough of each other can we?" He asked with a sly grin etched on his face. I rolled my eyes at him.

"You are such a child." I said but I couldn't help the small smile that made it's way to my face.

"Let's get started. We only have a few days." I nodded as he sat forward. We talked over a couple ideas but nothing seemed to work out.

"I have an idea." I blurted suddenly. I grinned explaining it to him. It was perfect.

We were finally dismissed and we headed off to lunch together lightly chatting.

"You want to, um, head out for lunch maybe?" I glanced back over to Danny with a small smile.

"Yeah sure." I nodded feeling the warmth welcome itself on to my cheeks. He grinned and grabbed my hand heading for the front of the school.

"Come on lets take my car." I just nodded and followed Danny as he dragged me across the parking lot. We made it to his car and he opened up the door for me.

"Why thank you kind sir." I said laughing as I slid in to his car.

"Anytime miss." He smirked and shut the door then jogged over to his side. He jumped in making the car shake and zoomed off school grounds. The radio played lightly in the back ground as we sat not talking.

"Just so you know I need to be back in time for art." I said as we had been driving for ten minutes now.

"You will be." He responded keeping his eyes on the road. We finally pulled up to what looked like a hut on the beach. He parked and raced over to my side. He opened up the door and stuck a hand out to help me up from his low car. I took it and was pulled up like I weighed nothing. He shut the door and my hand slipped from his as my blush ridden face looked to the floor.