911

Chapter 30

Danny, wedding, Danny, wedding, Danny, wedding, Danny, Danny.

My head was practically spinning from the time I reached my bed to the time that I woke up and was told to start getting ready. I was kind of in autopilot just going from thing to thing trying to get my words straight.

I'm so happy to see you, could we take this somewhere else to talk? No.

Hey, so I'm sorry I kind of blew you off and left you in the dust but you still kinda like me right? That's not good.

So as you know this thing happened and well I may have figured this thing out. Want me to try and elaborate? Seriously, how do people do this? I groaned inwardly as I sat at the desk with my head in my hands. I sat up and sighed rolling my neck. Just get ready and wing it.

I did light foundation, concealer, eye shadow. The works, and I was pretty proud of myself. It looked good and blended and it looked nice. Wasn't cakey nor was the foundation the wrong color. The eye shadow wasn't crazy and I felt good, better at least. I put my hair up in a ponytail, then braided it and wrapped it around in a bun. I secured it with a few bobby pins and shook my head to make sure it was good to go. When it didn't move I was pleased and stood up going to my closet. I pulled out the elegant dress that was still in plastic and slid it out carefully. It was smooth to the touch as I carefully unzipped it and slid it on. I only had a little bit of a hard time zipping it up once it got to the center of my back but managed anyway with a satisfying zip. I was worried about it not fitting now, or maybe making me look bigger or something. Angie's voice was still fresh in my mind. I turned to the mirror and adjusted my chest and the straps then smiled.

This is up there with the prom dress on beauty. And it look just as good as it did before.

The ends of the dress barely reached the floor in the front but the back was a good couple inches longer. The twist under my bust pulled the fabric accentuating my waist and I couldn't be happier. I grinned as I remembered and went to the scrapbook of letters and gently pulled out the When You Miss Me #1 envelope. I read them at night before bed or just when I needed one. This one was special though. It held the necklace that she wore all the time. I hadn't put it on yet simply because it was hers, but maybe now it felt needed. I needed someone close to my heart at all times.

Now I just needed to hope for the best and get to Danny.

I slid on the same black wedges from before and threw my phone, a few bills from my wallet, and my I.D. in a small wrist purse and made my way down the stairs to find both dad and Ethen ready. It was now eleven forty-five and the wedding started at noon.

"You look beautiful, Melanie." My father said placing a small kiss on the top if my head.

"I like this dress better than that other one. You look adulty." Ethen piped in. I grinned.
"Come on you two, we've got a wedding to attended." I said going for the door. I held it open for the both of them and dad gave me a knowing look on the way out. I rolled my eyes, I knew he could see straight through me. I locked then shut the door and carefully followed them down the stairs. The heat hit first then a subtle, cool breeze. The perfect day for a wedding. Then I stepped out from under the small porch and felt like a piece of bacon. Damn the sun was bright today.

I got into the passenger seat and made sure to pull my dress in before my dad sped off carefully. Ethen had a book and I scrolled through my phone. I still had no idea how to approach all this. It's not like I can just act like nothing happened and go and find him.

What if John and Deb won't let me see him? He didn't let Alex in so why would he his parents? I know that sounds bass ackwards but still?

I couldn't tell if I was shaking with anxiety or hope.