Chapter Nine

I'm dead, I'll never be able to carry on living. Everything was going fine, I was taking notes and then suddenly my phone started ringing. I forgot to switch it off and that's not even the worst part. My ringtone is Gangam Style. The look on Mr Peaces face, it looked like he wanted to kill me then and there but he obviously held it back very well.

"I'm so sorry sir, what happened today, it wasn't intentional" I tell him.

Yong Kun gives me a small smile and pats my hands.

"It's ok miss and I'm Chinese not Korean anyway" He says with a laugh.

I laugh along with him and avoid Mr Peace looking at me along with the rest of my co-workers. "What is your job role here?" He asks.

"To be honest, I have no idea. Some people tell me I'm the secretary and others say I'm the personal assistant" I whisper it to him in case Mr Peace hears me.

Yong Kun seems to find that very hilarious because he leans forward and starts laughing. He looks over at Mr Peace who has a deadly glare on his face. If only looks could kill, I would have been dead from the morning.

"This one is funny, you should keep her around" He says slowly starting to catch his breath. Mr Peace nods his head but doesn't wipe of the glare. Does he even smile or laugh? I haven't even gotten a smirk from him. "Goodbye" He leaves the room and closes the door behind him.

Silence. I'm met with complete and utter silence.

"Koenraad!" Here comes my beating. I look towards him to see his face is burning red in fury. "Who the actual fuck do you think you are?!" He bellows loudly.

I gulp down my saliva and look around the room to see everyone is looking down at their desks-including Michael. I guess nobody is going to stand up for me, but, I don't exactly blame them.

"I-I'm sorry Mr Peace" I say softly to him while looking down to the floor.

"Sorry is not a word in my vocabulary, get your fucking head together you insignificant idiot! The amount of times-" He startles me by pushing the laptop down onto the ground as it makes a loud crash. I don't think I've ever seen him like this before and it's really scaring me now. "The amount of times I've had to repeat myself to you is fucking unbelievable! Honestly, do you have a brain?" He asks. I don't look up at him and am too scared to answer. He's going to fire me, I know it. Dad is going to kill me as well, this is my first day as well. "Fucking answer me!"

"I...I do have a brain" I tell him. I look into his eyes to see he is standing there calmly. He changes his facial expressions more than me...and I'm a girl.

"Everybody get the hell out of here!" He shouts. Everybody quickly gets up from their chairs and are starting to leave. "You!" He points his finger straight at me with disgust and starts to walk towards me. Everybody quickly starts to move out of the way. "Get in my office right now" He says into my ear scarily. He opens the door and quickly storms down the halls.

"Quickly go otherwise God knows what he's going to do" Michael says from beside me.

I nod my head as everyone parts their way to let me out of the door. I know what's going to happen, I know very well. I might as well prep myself for when he kicks me out of the building like he did when I first came in for my interview. Mr Peace is nowhere to be seen as I walk down, looks like he's already in his office. I go towards his room to see that the door is opened. Walking in as quietly as I can I see that he is facing his windows as he looks out.

"Mr Peace" He doesn't turn around but stays there.

"Shut the bloody door!" Swiftly, I shut the door behind me as slow as I can.

"Mr Peace. I'm so sorry for what happened in the meeting. I...I forgot to turn my mobile phone off and-"

"Cut the bullshit!" He finally turns around and stares at me from across the room. "I never expected this behaviour from my personal assistant on the first day" He tells me. Ok, at least I know that I'm his personal assistant now. "Nobody and I mean nobody has ever come to the point where they have humiliated me. But let me tell you something Koenraad, I'm going to be the one who will humiliate you now" He takes small steps towards me until he is only a few feet away. My palms start to become sweaty as I look at his burning gaze on me. "Get your shit self out of my building" My eyes widen from his words.

I knew he was going to fire me but I can't afford for him to fire me so I do the first thing that comes to my mind.

"Please Mr Peace, don't do this to me" I plead while sitting on my knees looking up to his face.

He doesn't even bother looking at me as he seems more fascinated by everything around the room.

"Don't make me repeat myself"

"Mr Peace, don't do this to me. You know how much I need this job, what happened in the meeting will be a one off. I will never do something so stupid in my entire life again. I will be devoted to you and my work. Please just give me another chance" I feel myself about to cry but I try hard to hold it in.

I don't want him to see me cry, not like before. He walks away and around me. I stay in my position on the floor while closing my eyes, hoping, praying that he forgives me.

"One last chance" Those three words make me get up from the floor with a wide smile on my face. He has his back towards me with his hands in either sides of his pockets.

"Thank you Mr Peace, thank you so much. I promise, I won't even think about letting you down now"

"Just because I'm giving you another chance that doesn't mean I forgive your ignorant behaviour. You're fortunate that Yong Kun didn't take your actions seriously. If I never got that deal then I would have made sure that I personally kicked you out of my building and that your face would never be seen around San Francisco"

"Mr Peace, I will repay you. I won't ever let you be disappointed now" I vow to him.

"Get the hell out of my room" He says in a frustrated tone.

I leave his room with a smile on my face. I won't let you down Mr Peace, I promise you that from this point.