Chapter Twenty-Seven

NOTE: Three more chapters to go

"Hi this is Sofie Koenraad speaking. Your friend came down to my office and gave me your card" Today was my day off so I decided to call up that man.

"Yes I know, he told me a lot of about you. My name is George" The man replies back with a chuckle before continuing to speak. "I don't think I've ever heard him compliment me so much on my work than he has for you" A smile tugs on my lips from what he says.

"I just wanted to ask whether your offer still stands. I've put in a lot of thought to this which is why I decided to call you" I tell him truthfully.

These last two days have been nothing but stressful for me. All I could think about was whether I should take this deal up or not so I decided that the best thing to do was give him a call.

"The thing is...I haven't physically seen any of your work. A good idea would be for you to either send me some samples of your work or you can just send me an attachment of your work"

"I will send pictures as soon as I can" I declare.

"When I get them, I will let you know" He says.

"Ok thank you so much, talk to you very soon then"

"Bye" I switch the phone off letting out a deep breath.

That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. All I have to do is send him pictures of my work and everything will be ok. I can just go into.....

Oh no, everything that I've done is in the office. I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow then, I'll let the man know. Because I called him through my phone he should hopefully have Whatsapp. Going through my contacts I find him and quickly send a message.

He comes online instantly and types back saying ok. Putting my phone on the table I lie down and go to sleep.

*************

As soon as I got into the office I took the pictures and sent them to him straight away and he still hasn't replied back. It's been four hours, why hasn't he replied back?! Suddenly my phone starts running making me jump in fear.

Picking it up I see that it's George. Oh God, he's calling me...I don't think he likes my paintings.

"H-hello?"

"Sofie?" He asks.

"Um yes?"

"So I just looked through your work and I am really impressed. You style is very different to what I do and have but its a good different though" I feel myself smiling widely from his compliment.

"Thank you so much"

"However I don't think we'll be able to work together" And there comes the bad news I was hoping not to get.

"What do you mean?" I ask in disappointment.

"You're all the way in San Francisco and you work full time in an office. This will not work out unless you drop your job, work for me and move here" I can't just pack everything up and go...I need to think so much things through before I can even do this.

"I...I need time, please" I hear him sigh from the other end.

"Ok...I'll give you a month to think about this. Goodbye" He cuts the phone off leaving me to stare at mine.

I was hoping to negotiate with him but I guess that wasn't even going to happen.

************

"Koenraad, get in my office right now" Mr Peace says from besides me before I can get into the lift.

Walking besides him he catches his pace up till he's at front. How could I forget? He likes being the leader. We reach his office and this time I manage to get in before the door closes on my face.

"Is there something wrong?" I ask him.

"You mixed up my client's meetings" He says in a soft yet hard tone.

Putting both of my hands over my face I curse myself. I've been so distracted since I got that phone call and before that...I'm such an idiot!

"I'm so sorry Mr Peace. I've been really distracted lately" I confess.

He simply rolls his eyes.

"I honestly don't care what you've been distracted about, but don't fucking let it get in the way between your job" He says harshly.

"I have feelings Mr Peace, I'm a human being. You know a lot of things you say hurt and I know you have feelings as well. You just like to wear a mask to hide them all the time!" I quickly leave his office and get out of the building as fast as I can.

Sue me for having emotions.