Chapter Fourteen

I got a day of work-finally. At least I don't need to spend ten hours of my life in that hell hole. I was quite surprised when I received the very nice email from Mr Peace. He wrote and I quote 'Don't bother showing your face to the office, your laziness isn't needed today'.

Gerry ended up coming really late last night and he looked worn out. A part of me felt really guilty for just ignoring him but he needs to realise where he went wrong. My mobile next to me makes a noise indicating I got a message. Picking my phone up I unlock it to see it's from an old friend saying we should catch up today if I'm free.

I was planning on going shopping today because Mr Peace had very so nicely said my dressing is shit and inappropriate for his business but I might as well just catch up with Lauren. Getting up from the couch I send her a message to come down to the apartment as well as the address. She immediately replies with an 'ok'. I might as well get changed for the day then. Walking into the bedroom I open the wardrobe and scan through my clothes.

I take out a black and white stripped t-shirt along with some skinny blue jeans and a long sleeveless grey jumper. Quickly getting into them I put my hair up into a messy bun and don't bother putting anything on my face.

A knock on the door tells me that she's here. I leave the bedroom and go to open the front door. Lauren stands there with a wide smile on her face.

"Sof!" She exclaims.

Laughing at her I open my arms out to hug her which she gives back.

"How have you been, come on in" She gets into the apartment as I shut the door behind me.

"I've been good. We haven't seen each other in like four months" She says.

"I know" I tell her.

"How's Gerry?" She asks making herself comfortable on the couch.

"Good, what about Bill?" I ask her.

I see a small blush appear on her cheek as she tells me he's doing good.

"So what do you want to do for the day then?" She asks me.

"Um...I was actually planning on going shopping for some clothes but if you want to do something else that is totally fine by me" I tell her.

Her eyes widen as she gets up from the couch.

"Honey you know how much I love shopping, let's go" She informs me.

I quickly grab my black strappy wedges and wear them on. Taking my shoulder bag the both of us leave my apartment to go into Lauren's car.

"I need to learn some fashion sense from you, I love your clothes" She tells me.

"You were always obsessed with my clothes" I say remembering the moment.

"You out of clothes already?" She jokes with me.

"Actually, my boss said what I wear on to the office is not professional and is very inappropriate"

"Where do you work?" She asks with curiosity.

"I work for Charley Peace" She suddenly hits down on the brakes as we stop at the traffic lights.

"Charley Peace, that hot devil. Damn, you got lucky girl. I thought you were into art" She asks with raised eyebrows.

I'm still into art I wanted to tell her but she doesn't need to know that.

"I guess I changed my mind"

***********

"You still eat like a pig" Lauren tells me as we exit Subway.

"I'm sorry; I was starving. If you were in my place I'm sure you would have stuffed yourself" She rolls her eyes as we get into her car.

Sitting down I realise that I need a real bad piss.

"What happened to you?" Lauren asks from besides me.

"I need to go to the toilet" I tell her.

"Hold it" She says.

"I can't, it's the time of the month" I feel my cheeks heat up which Lauren thank God doesn't notice.

"I'll wait here, you go ahead" I thank her and get out of the car.

Crossing the road as fast as I can I go back into Subway's. They have a disgusting toilet right at the back- that's how desperate I am right now. I get in and do my business as fast as I can. I wash my hands with hand wash and get back out of the shop.

I walk towards the road and have to stop at the pavement because there are some cars in the way. I take a step down onto the road when I find myself getting crashed into the car on my right. Did that idiot in the car just hit me? I try to move but end up falling in the gap that the car that hit me now leaves. Pain erupts everywhere on my right hip as I try to get up from the floor.

"Are you trying to kill me? Because you sure are heading in the right direction!" I scream at the man who is standing above me.

Looking up to see who it is the next insult that's about to come out of my mouth falls back in.

"Get the fuck up Koenraad" Mr Peace says angrily.

I get up as fast as I can with my aching hip while staring at him. He doesn't even look down at me to see if I'm ok.

"Mr Peace I didn't know it was you" I say with a whisper.

What is he doing here anyway?

"How stupid can you get Koenraad? You have the urge to get in front of my car and then throw insults as if it's my fault. Get yourself out of your ass!" His face has now turned red from how long he is shouting at me.

I look around me to see people are standing and watching what is happening between the both of us. How dare he shout at me, did he not see me standing there?

"Yeah you idiot!" I hear a woman scream at me and soon enough everyone starts to throw accusations at me saying it's all my fault not his,

"Well then I'm sorry for not seeing your car" I look around to see that the road is clear, keeping an arm around my hip I make my way to Lauren's car across the road.

"You sure took your time" Lauren says without looking up from my phone.

Leaning my head back I thank God that Lauren never saw anything if she did it would never be the end for me.

"Can you please drop me back of home, I don't feel so good" She puts her phone down and gives me a small smile.

"Of course, let's go"