Chapter Twenty-Five

Gerry runs a hand through his hair in frustration and then takes hold of mine.

"Come on Sof, please stop crying" He pleads with me.

I rip my hand out of his and get up from the sofa wiping my tears in the process.

"I hate you Gerry, I hate you!" I scream out to him.

Finding the nearest thing towards me I chuck it on the floor and watch it shatter to pieces. I made that vase but I guess it's shattered into pieces just like me.

"I never meant to make you cry. Just come back here" He steps around the broken pieces of the vase and tries to reach out for me again.

"Fuck you!" Taking the ring of my finger I throw it at him and leave the apartment with my car keys.

I might as well take the stairs; I don't want to wait so long for the lift to come.

"Sofie, where are you going?" I hear him call out once I start making my way down the stairs.

Away from you is what I wanted to reply back. I thought about his proposal our arguments would stop for good but boy was I wrong. I don't even do anything and he just starts stirring things up. I don't even do anything to him! I'm going to go somewhere where I haven't been in a very long time.

**********

The smell of sweat and alcohol was mixed right in the air. A lot of people were on the dance floor and the rest of them were either sitting at the bar or standing in the corners making out. I just need to clear my head from what has just happened.

I haven't drunk alcohol since I broke out of high school, I need to relieve some moments of mine. Heading towards the bar I have to walk through the people dancing in order to get there. Finding a spare seat at the bar I sit down and the barman immediately comes over.

"What can I get you?" He asks with a friendly smile.

"Anything strong" I reply back.

He nods his and goes away to get me my drink. If I didn't leave the apartment I know that I would have forgiven Gerry yet again. I want him to realise what it's like to be the one who's hurt...he needs to know how I feel.

"Here's your drink" He places the drink down in front of me as I thank him.

"How much will it be?" I ask him softly.

He leans down on the counter in front of me and gives me a wink causing me to feel a bit hot.

"You're new here, aren't you?" He asks me.

"Y-yeah"

"Any drinks for tonight are on the house then" Before I can say anything he walks away going to his next customers.

What more do I need than getting a few drinks? Even at dad's functions I never used to drink, I just used to have coke or whatever. Taking hold of the glass I bring it to my lips and take down a big gulp. As it hits the back of my throat I get a burning taste making me cough out.

"You ok?" The same barman comes back to ask me.

I nod my head as a yes and let out a few more coughs to relieve the burning sensation. He gives me one last look and walks away to do his business- might as well make the most of this night.

*************

"Beer" Looking to my right I look at the man that has come to take a seat next to me.

"Mr Peace?" I say out loud.

Everything is all fuzzy and I feel so air headed right now it's the best feeling in the world.