Chapter Eighteen

Mr Peace, where are you?! It's been an hour and he hasn't arrived yet. I asked him whether I should meet him by the office but he told me to stay by dad until he arrives. Dad was talking to a few people so I just stood beside him like the loner I am.

My focused eyes on the door finally see him walk through. He looks smart as ever, I'm not surprised. I stay stuck in my spot as he walks past people with ease. He didn't even look at me to know where I was, that's how cool he is.

"Dad" I nudge dad who looks at me.

"Mr Peace is walking towards us" I warn him.

Dad looks straight and sees Mr Peace, his eyes widen as he tells the people he was talking to that he has somebody else important to talk to. The men gave dad a glare and walked off; my dad is so friendly it makes me cry.

"Mr Peace, sir" Dad says stepping towards him.

"Hi Mr Peace" I add in shyly.

Mr Peace looks over at me and gives me the look.

"Piss off from here Koenraad" He tells me straight forwardly.

I take a glance towards dad who looks really shocked; he notices my gaze and gives me the look as well- so much for sticking up for your own daughter I think to myself. I leave both of their sights and grab a drink from the waiter who was walking around.

I might as well walk around and try to talk to some people. Growing up around dad's business he made me remember everybody's names and details. Last night, I was just whizzing past them all to refresh it in my mind.

Leaning against the wall I take a sip out of my drink and just watch Mr Peace and dad talking. Well, Mr Peace is actually the one who's talking; dad's just nodding his head and agreeing with whatever he's saying. I really hope he's not talking about me.

Soon enough, dad gives Mr Peace a small pat in the arm and makes his way around him. That was much quicker than I had expected. I walk towards dad who seems confused and lost.

"What happened?" I ask him.

Dad runs a hand through his fine hair and looks behind his back for what seems like a check.

"You know, we just talked" He assures me with a smile.

I look behind dad's back to see Mr Peace is gone, where did he gone now?

"Where's he gone?" I ask dad.

"Oh some people were waiting to talk with him so he's with them right now" He informs me.

I slowly nod my head and look around the room to spot him out. I don't think he talked about me then because if he did, dad would be giving me the world's biggest lecture.

"What were you talking about?" I ask curiously.

Dad yet again runs a hand through his hair and this time looks me properly in the eye.

"Well he said that y-"

"Koenraad!" Speak of the devil.

I look to my side to see Mr Peace standing there with crossed arms over his chest.

"Stop making me look even stupid. It's bad enough I have you by my side, the least you can do is to make a good impression of being a personal assistant" He says in a bored tone.

"Of course Mr Peace" I look back at dad and give him a tap on the shoulder. "I'll see you around dad" I tell him.

Dad gives me a hug and walks off leaving me the presence of Mr Peace.