Chapter Thirteen

Why is everybody staring at me? Ignoring them I look around the room to see if there's a spare seat somewhere. Michael. Shutting the door behind me I mumble a small sorry as I make my way over to sit next to him in the empty seat.

Once I've taken my seat Mr Peace lets out a small cough making everyone shift their attention back to him. I look at Michael from the corner of my eye who is shifting in his chair uncomfortably.

"What happened, why was everyone staring at me?" I whisper to him while Mr Peace is talking.

"Well, see that guy from across us?" Michael mumbles to me.

I look straight to the man across me, half of his hair was gone from his hair but he sure did have a big beard.

"What about him?" I ask him.

"Well, he was complimenting Mr Peace. He goes his business is as beautiful as the next person who leaves or enters his room and Mr Peace is always the first one to leave the meeting room. That's what he was intending to say but you ended up coming in the room, that's why we were all staring at you" Michael tells me.

I notice that he had a piece of paper covering his mouth while he spoke to me. Wow, I just got a compliment from the guy across me. Of course he didn't know I was going to come in the room but it's still a compliment.

**********

The meeting finishes fairly quickly. Mr Peace wasn't even the first one to leave the room, I stay in my seat until everybody starts to leave.

"Aren't you going to come?" Michael asks me.

"I need to tell Mr Peace something" I tell him.

He nods his head and tells me that he'll see me later then. Once everybody leaves the room, I get up from my seat and walk towards Mr Peace who is scanning through some papers.

"Mr Peace?"

"What are you doing here Koenraad?" He asks finally looking up at me with his deep brown eyes.

"I...you...I mean" I look down as I clear my throat- his eyes are hypnotizing. "Samantha told me that you told me to come into the meeting room" I tell him.

He rolls his eyes as he looks back at his work.

"I didn't really think you were going to come back. You are lazy, did you forget about that?" He mocks me.

"It's my job Mr Peace. You told me that I wasn't allowed to enter the building until I had on some appropriate clothes so I found it as my duty to come back and complete my tasks"

"Don't try and talk fancy with me Koenraad" He takes the papers in his hands and walks off leaving me standing there.

So much for trying to impress him, I might as well go back to my office and do the things he's emailed me. Turning around, I leave the room shutting the door behind me. Skipping over to my office, I open the door and close it behind me. I need some music.

Sitting down in my seat I take my spare headphones out from the desk and plug it into the side of the computer while going onto ITunes. I put on Hozier take me to church and start doing my work. Minutes go by when I hear a knock on my door. Taking the headphones out I tell the person to come in.

"Hello" The lady says coming into the room.

I saw her in the meeting room but I don't know her name. She looks to be around in her mid-thirties.

"Hi" She sits down in the seat across me with a wide smile on her face.

"I know that we haven't officially been introduced. My name's Sandra, I'm in charge of the customer service" She informs me.

"Oh ok, cool" I say- I don't really have much to say to her.

"Have you heard?" She says with a raised eyebrow.

"Heard what?"

"You're the new talk around the office" She says with excitement.

I find myself letting out a small laugh making her giggle as well.

"Me, the new talk, why?" I ask curiously.

"Ever since that stunt you pulled off yesterday during the meeting. Mr Peace has never raised his voice at an employee before. Sure he says a comment then and there but he's never shouted at any of us before- you're the first" She informs me.

So he's not normally a prick, is that what she's trying to say? To be honest I do piss him off a lot so I don't blame him for getting angry at me all the time.

"I'm not really surprised" I tell her.

"So, you're ok with him shouting at you and nearly firing you?" She asks with confusion.

I shake my head as a no and sit upright in my chair. Taking a pen from the desk I point it out in front of her.

"You see. Me and Mr Peace have this relationship" I say to her.

She leans forward in her chair and looks very fascinated. Looks like she's the gossiper in the office- no wonder she does customer service.

"What kind of relationship?"

"He can't go a day without saying something mean to me and I'm ok with that. I've kind of gotten used to his personality" She suddenly looks a little disappointed but nods her head anyway.

"Right, I should get back to work. It was nice talking to you Sofie" She says.

I shake her hand before she leaves the room. What was she expecting to hear, me and Mr Peace having a heated sexual relationship? Sorry darling, I'm not Anastasia Steele and he is most definitely not Christian Grey.

************

Kicking of my shoes by the doorway I walk further into the house to see Gerry isn't here. He's probably staying behind late. I think this would be a good time to start doing what I wanted to do last night. Time to get arty!