Chapter Fifteen

Somebody kill me right now. Does anyone want to know what pain is? Well, it's what I'm going through right now! Having a bruised stomach and being on your periods is the absolute worst. I should have just called in sick.

I haven't been able to move around, I'm finding myself walking in a straight line to prevent any pain. Hell, I haven't even sat down in my chair. I'm bending my knees on the chair to do my work. Typing away the phone starts to ring. Good thing I have long arms, reaching over I pick the phone up.

"Hello?"

"Koenraad get in my office right now" I was about to say ok when he cuts me off.

This man will be the death of me. I've never met someone so cold hearted. I didn't see him this morning which was a good thing and I was hoping not to cut paths with him. Might as well go and see what he wants.

Slowly, I bring one leg down as well as the other and take baby steps to the door. Closing it behind me, I repeat the same process until I reach his office door. Knocking on it he tells me to come in. I open the door and enter the office.

"Yes Mr Peace?" I ask making my way over to his desk.

"Sit down" He demands as he looks up at me from his papers.

Here goes nothing. I bend my knees slightly and slowly sit down on the chair; my hip suddenly hits the side of the chair as I wasn't concentrating as much.

"For God's sake!" I yell out.

"Koenraad shut the hell up" Mr Peace says to me.

"Sorry Mr Peace" I say apologetically.

Clutching onto the side of stomach I try not to make it noticeable, the last thing I want is Mr Peace telling me I'm a coward.

"I need you to set up some appointments for me" He puts his hands together and rests his middle fingers at the bottom of his chin while looking at me.

"Why didn't you send me an email?" I ask obliviously.

He raises his eyebrow and leans forward resting his arms on the glass desk.

"What did you just say?" He asks me with a dangerous look in his eye.

Looking away from his gaze I run a hand through my front bangs.

"What I meant to say was I will get straight on it" He nods his head and leans back onto his chair.

"Take a note of these. These appointments will be made by phone call" Shoot; I forgot to bring my notepad.

Looking around his desk I try to spot a blank paper. Out of nowhere a notepad and pen is thrown in front of me.

"Thank you" I tell him.

He rolls his eyes and tells me to start writing. He starts speaking and I write down all of the important notes. It takes about ten minutes when I'm done writing. I get up slowly from his chair holding the notepad and pen in my hand.

I turn around and find myself bumping into something and falling to the floor onto my bruised side. Instincts take over and I let out a shout of pain. Ok, I think I've broken something, this is killing me. My insides are pounding as I feel myself start to sweat a bit from the pain.

"Miss, are you ok?" The person above me asks.

It's the cleaner, I bumped into the cleaner. I lie to him by nodding my head as a yes which he seems to buy. He leans down on the floor and is about to put his arm around me when I stop him.

"I just need a help of hand" I inform him.

I take his hand and get up from the floor while clutching onto the side of my stomach. The cleaner picks up the notepad which fell to the ground and gives it to me. Looking over at Mr Peace I notice that he is standing up from his chair and his gaze is on my stomach.