Chapter 3.

I saw my mom seating on a beach in the park which was near my house in Mumbai(India). When she saw me she smiling and stared running. I called her

"Mom where are you going?" I asked running behind her

"Come kehara we will go there" she said pointing towards the sky

"Why are we going there"

"Just come fast or else I will go alone"

"Mom wait I'm coming. wait!!"

"Come fast or else I will leave"

"Mom wait I'm coming" it was too foggy and she suddenly disappeared

"MOM WAIT IM COMING"

I shouted loudly and opened my eyes it was a dream. It was just a dream kehara it was just I dream I remind myself.
There was a knock on the door

"Kehara are you fine?? Open the door fast" that was my elder brother.

As soon as I opened the door my brother came inside my room and locked the door behind.

"Why did you shout? Is everything alright? Why are you sweating??" My brother bombarded me with questions. He looks scared. Last time he was scared was when Mom was in her last hour and she was crying in pain.

"Yes bhaijaan I'm fine. Just saw a bad dream a really scary one!"

"What did you see?"

"Mom!!" I said with tears in my eyes.

"Oh kehara don't cry. See I'm here you are not alone." He said and hugged me

"I know" I said. When he let me go I smiled assuring him that I'm fine.

"Why did you lock the door?"

"So that dad doesn't come to know that you screamed"

"I screamed!!! I thought I did that in the dream" I don't believe this I screamed. I have never done that before but since mom left everything I did was never done before no talking, not eating, always lost and now screaming. Great is anything left

"What do you think I got a dream that you are seeing a bad dream" he said to make me laugh.

"How did you come to know then?"

"I was thirsty so I went to take some water from kitchen and I was returning when I hear you screaming Mom. You are still not over it kehara?" He asked with concern in this tone

"I'm telling this for the 269719th time I'm over mom's death! It's just that I was missing her because even you know how excited she was to come here" I have told this to everyone and still same question. It's irritating when everyone is asking the same question again and again.

"Oh wow you were counting" He said laughing making me smile.

"Don't worry go sleep I'm fine".

"Yeah I will leave now and please sleep your college starts tomorrow and I'm sure you don't want to look like a panda with dark circles on your first day" he said as he opened the door and I gave him a angry look but then smiled.

"Allah hafiz bhai. Good night" I said and bhai left after saying good night.

Oh yes tomorrow is my first day at college and I'm hell nervous. God knows what I will do. Allah help me please!!

****

"How was your first day kehara.
Did you make some new friends" my dad asked as soon as he entered the house.

"Kehara shaikh and making friends that to on the first day impossible!" Bhai said teasing

"Very funny. The day was good Alhumdulliah and I talked to two, three girls"

"Kehara!! You are going to spend your next two years there please make friends. You are new here you will require help. Promise me you will make friends" dad was annoyed now. He should be thankful that I at least talked to two three girls. I would have not done that also but the college is huge and I was lost so I needed their help. But he is right I need to make friends because I need HELP!

"I promise. Now go and change dinner is ready" He nodded and went to his room.

"MashaAllah kehara the food is amazing. Just like your mom." Dad said

This brought a big smile on my face. like mom? Naah it was not that good he is just saying that to make me feel good but I'm glad he liked it

"I agree" bhai said

"I don't believe this you liked my food bhai?? When did you started being so sweet"

Siblings never appreciate each other.Never!! I guess it's the first rule in the "rules for siblings" book if it exists.

"See if I'm good she doesn't like it. Dad told me like 1000 times to be good to you before you came." He said with his mouth full with food.

"Whatever. Kehara I hope you know as we all have a holiday tomorrow we will go to Masjid for afternoon prayers and we will meet.."

"Meet your group and I have to be good to everyone as when you were new here they helped you a lot. You said that more the 70 times daddy" he was excited to introduce me to them. I have heard a lot about everyone.

"Its not your group its our group and you will talk to everyone!!"

"InshaAllah (if Allah Wills)"

This made my dad and brother giggle.

I was laying down on my bed thinking about tomorrow. Meeting new people ahhhh I hate it. The worst part is dad told me there is a different section for ladies in the Masjid that means bhai and dad won't be with me. He will introduce me to everyone after our prayers because they all have planned lunch after that.

I have heard a lot about the people in this group. They were a big support for dad when he was new and even when he found mom was having cancer and she hardly had six months. Bhai said all the aunties in the group made sure they had food daily. They use to send food for them everyday. And the best part is dad's biggest support is his boss who is also the member of the group in fact he introduced dad to the group. Dad is right I have to be good with them because they were good with my father. I need to talk!!!!
Today the whole day all I have said is "can you please help me to find my class" and a "thank you " to those girls who helped me to find my class. Till dad came of course. Dad made sure that I talk at least at home. And that was not a big problem. But tomorrow God knows how will I manage to talk. Now sleep kehara tomorrow is a big day!! a big day?? Who thinks it's a big or important day just because you need to talk. I think the right place for me is a mental hospital. You are impossible kehara shaikh!!!!

Assalamualayekum everyone. I hope you all like my story. Please vote. JazakAllahu khairan ( thank you) for reading.