Chapter 19.

Sometimes we can see a person is suffering. We can see their pain. We know they are struggling. We want them to be happy. But we can't do anything. It's not that we don't want to help them. It's just we can't help them. We feel helpless. And deep down we start hating ourselves. This is the exact situation Aman is trapped in. He can see his mom suffering. He knows she is sad. He badly wants to help her. But he can't. He can't because his mom don't want him to help her. Sometimes he feel as if she don't want to come out of this situation. She don't want anyone to help her. But even he knows she is dying to come out of this hell she is living in. She wants to be happy. It's just too much now. He is going to help her. He will fight for her. But the question is how?

He already tried helping her once and doubled her problems. He have to do something now. He can't see his mom crying anymore. But how will he help her?

"Aman." Mrs khan called Aman bring him out of his thoughts.

He was sitting in his room thinking about his mom. He loves her a lot and it kills him to see her sad. What is more disturbing is no one else is responsible for her sadness but his own father. He tries his level best to respect his father but the way he behaves with her makes it too difficult for him.

"Yes mama." Aman entered kitchen.

"Your dad wants to talk to you. He is in the living room. Go there." Aman Nodded and left the kitchen. After few seconds he reached his destination.

"Dad you wanted to talk to me?"

"Oh yes. Sit."

Aman nodded and sat on the couch. Noor was watching TV. Mrs khan came in with four ice cream bowls. She gave everyone their bowls before taking her bowl and sitting next to Aman.

"So Aman I want you to do MBA from London business school." Everyone stopped eating and looked at him.

"London?" Aman asked.

"Yes London. The entrance exam is in few weeks. Study hard son and make us proud again."

"Why London? We have many good business schools here as well." Mrs khan said.

"Because I went there and I know what is it to study there. Of course I want best for my son!"

"Yeah I know but why London?" Mrs khan had tears in her eyes by now. Aman is her only support. The support which helped her survive in that house for so many years. Although she is behaving childish she don't want him to go. She wants best for him but just for once she wants to be selfish. Aman looked at her sympathetically. He knows why she is behaving like this. Even he don't want to leave her.

"Dad she is right we have many good business schools here as well."

"Aman I'm your father. I know what's best for you. She is just being silly like always. Look even Sufyaan and Afzal are giving the exam. You are not alone. You have your friends with you. What else do you want? You very well know I won't take a no for this. Now go and sleep." Aman nodded and left.

He can't refuse his father but he can't leave his mom here. He have to sort everything before going. He have to do this. He pulled out his phone and dialed a number.

***

Kehara is sitting in her room writing diary.

19th January.

What a beautiful day Alhumdulillah. When everyone left dad told bhai about his wish. He wants bhai to do MBA from London business school. It's good. But we will be separated again. But I don't want to be selfish. I just hope bhai does well in the entrance exam.