Focus

Sunday, Melody's pov

"Dammit Mel, can't you tell me where we are going?" Gwen groaned.

"Nope" I chuckled and then turned back to the mirror, straightening my hair.

"Ok can you atleast answer me as to why I have to look nice?" she groaned.

I laughed, knowing more than anything she just wanted to dress in her sweats and Rick grimes shirt as we wait for the premiere tonight like we always did.

"trust me girl, you are going to want to look hot" I smirked.

she groaned and said, "fine, but we better be back for season 6!"

"trust me, there is no way we'd miss it." I smiled.

She nodded and then moved right next to me so we could share the mirror. I watched her putting on her make up as I smiled to myself thinking of what her reaction is going to be tonight. Tonight will be the amazing for her, but tonight was also the end of the week. Which meant I wouldn't be dating norman tomorrow. Knowing I shouldn't be selfish, it destroyed me inside. Opening my mascara, she asked,

"So how are things going with Norman"

"great" I sighed.

She stopped applying her make up and then looked at me, "What's wrong?"

"It's the end of the week. Tomorrow it'll be over and everything will go back to the way it was." I sighed and continued getting ready.

"You know it doesn't have to be that way" she said.

"It does and you know that" I said sternly.

"Mel, you deserve to be happy and this past week is the happiest I've ever seen you. Before you didn't have something to fight for. You accepted what was happening and didn't care. Now that he is in the picture, I see a will. A new will to fight this" she said.

"Gwen, there is nothing that can be done and the last thing I'm going to do is hurt Mingus or norman because of my own selfishness." I whispered.

"Either way they are going to get hurt. Norman and Mingus both love you. Don't you think you need that especially in these last months?" she asked.

I sighed and felt tear threaten to spill down my cheek. Putting my make up down, I forced a smile on my face and looked at my best friend,

"just get ready, we have to leave in an hour"

before she could say anything else, I walked away as a tear slipped down my cheek. I wasn't mentally or physically prepared on what tomorrow would bring. Wiping the tears away, I pulled out my favorite sundress and held it in front of me so I could get a good look. I would not focus on tomorrow. All my focus would be on tonight. Tonight would be fantastic. It would be fun. It had to be, for gwen, for norman, and for me.