Sick

The cool breeze coming through the window woke me up the next morning. The sunlight shining through the window made my eyes scrunch up as I lay against the white sheets. Looking at the clock laying on the table next to the bed, I saw it was already almost noon. Trying to sit up in the bed, I was stopped by an arm draped over my waist. My eyes immediately shot open and I started realizing where I was and what happened last night. I was in Norman's room and the hand wrapped around my waist belonged to him. Looking over to my left, I noticed him still asleep, laying on his chest shirtless giving me a nice view of his tattoos. His lower body covered by the white, silk sheets. It was probably one of the most beautiful sights I had ever seen. My heart fluttered and I couldn't help the smile that came to my face. I couldn't face the fact that in this one week, I had fallen head over heels in love with him. Something I told myself I wouldn't do, something I couldn't do. I had broken all the rules I made for myself when I found out I was sick. This was worse though....I slept with him. I completely gave myself to him, creating an even stronger bond and even stronger relationship. I must've been so happy last night after everything Norman has done for me and especially seeing Gwen so happy I wasn't thinking logically. I had to get out of here. Maybe if I leave now, he would wake up and find me gone and let me go. The week was over anyways. It would be easy to sneak out, Mingus was probably at school so I wouldn't have to worry about that. All I had to do was get out of here without waking Norman. Looking around the room, I found my clothes on the other side of the room. Quietly and gently, I lifted Norman's arm off my waist and quickly grabbed my clothes. Tip toing to the bathroom, I changed quickly and walked back out. Opening the door, I looked over to Norman one last time as my walls started to completely crash down. I fought the tears threatening to spill as I saved this mental picture in my head and started down the hall to the kitchen area to grab my keys. Everything in me was telling me to stop and run back in there and kiss norman until my last dying breath, but I couldn't. I couldn't drag them down with me. Grabbing my keys off the countertop, my heart fell heavy in my chest. A tear slid down my cheek as I noticed his phone light up on the counter. My eyes widened when I saw his background. It was me wearing Daryl's jacket that first day I visited the set. My hands started shaking as I looked at it and felt like my entire heart was being broken into tiny pieces. Clenching my eyes, I wiped my eyes and set his phone down. I could feel myself about to have another attack so I had to calm myself down.

Deep Breaths Mel, deep breaths

I felt myself begin to calm down so I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Mel?" a voice behind me caused me to freeze and my eyes to shoot open.

My hands began to shake as I turned and saw norman standing in the kitchen doorway. He was shirtless and had on a pair of black sweatpants. His hair fallen perfectly against his face and his voice still had its morning roughness. I gulped as I looked at his worried expression as he saw my face. I knew my cheeks had to be puffy and red from me crying. His eyes travelled from my face to my hand which held my car keys. A hurt expression spread across his face as he met with my eyes again,

"What's wrong?"

I looked down to my shoes feeling like I couldn't breathe. I was trying my hardest to avoid this moment. It was a moment I never wanted to put someone through. No one was supposed to get hurt. Wiping my tears away and taking a deep breath, I said,

"I have to go"

Before he could say anything, I forced my feet to move. I quickened my pace when I got in the hall, hoping he wouldn't follow me, but I should've known better.

"Mel!" I heard him yell after me.

I clenched my eyes tightly and walked faster almost making it to the door.