Lestrade: You Think He's Cheating

You rapped your fingers against the wood table, patiently awaiting the arrival of your fiancé. The clock read 6:38. Of course, he's 8 minutes later than he said, wonder why... The front door opened and you straightened up, opening your book to look as if you didn't have a care in the world. He planted a kiss on your cheek, his whiskery face brushing against yours. You stayed still, not moving a muscle, not allowing yourself to be let in. He didn't notice, he never noticed anything anymore.

"How was your day?" you asked nonchalantly, but the crack in your voice said otherwise.

"You alright sweetheart? Got a sore throat?" he questioned worryingly. Just ask him. Just ask him. Just ask him. Just ask hi-

"Y/f/n, you alright?" he said coming to sit by you, putting his warm hand to your cold head. His brown eyes melted your heart, just one look and you fell in love all over again, no anger. Don't chicken out again. Don't fall into his trap.

"Cat got your tongue?" he joked. "Oh I know, it's one of your games. Do I have to guess?" You stared straight at him, studying his features. There was no wonder he was having an affair, his dark features and silver hair could captivate anyone. His humor was pleasant, and he always knew what to say. Well sometimes - if he didn't have to think too hard about it before hand.

"Okay so you're staring at me, like you're analyzing me. Sherlock?" You continued staring. How could he think this was a game? The same way he thinks your relationship is a game. "Okay give me one hint, please, just one!"

"Are you having an affair?" The words echoed around you, and you wish you hadn't of said it. After that last word you knew your life wouldn't be the same. No wedding. No happy family. Nothing. His eyes were locked in a deep thought, probably wondering how to talk himself out of this one. Suddenly, his snapped his fingers, his eyes turning bright.

"Got it! The movie Pencil and Paper, that was a line from it. Remember the one we watched a week ago? You weren't a big fan of it, don't know why you chose to imitate that." You slapped him. For a second he looked shocked, you hadn't slapped him too hard, enough to leave a slight sting, but your fingerprints disappeared instantly.

"Oh definitely Pencil and Paper!" he said joyfully, proud of himself. Fuming, you got up and went to your bedroom, slipping on tennys and a jacket.

"Okay I get the feeling we're not playing that game anymore, what's going on love?" he asked, blocking the door so you couldn't leave.

"Are you having an affair?" Time froze, nothing moved around you. Your eyes were locked with his. You could see his heart breaking through them.

"Wha" he whispered breathily. It was like a dragon was being released from its cage.

"Well Greg you come home every night late, claiming you have to work late, how much bloody work can there be? You don't even care about the wedding. Every time I talk about it you wave it off. Then on Tuesday you came home and smelled like a girl. And no I didn't go sniffing through your closet smelling your clothes, I smelled it when you came home and hugged me. Right there on your neck. If you are having an affair you're bloody bad at hiding it." You tried to slip past him but he stopped you. He searched your eyes, what was he looking for?

"(Y/f/n) (y/m/n) (y/l/n)," he breathed. You looked away, he sickened you. He said your name again, his voice cracking.

"Look at me please," he said. You looked up, rolling your eyes. But then you saw tears. Tears on his face. He shook his head. He never cries.

"I love you. I am not cheating on you. I love you. I love you. I love you. Please, y/f/n, you have to know that. I'm sorry I haven't been the best fiance lately. I don't know much about wedding stuff. I'll try, I promise I'll try more. I'll do whatever you tell me. But please, believe me, it's only you."

"What about the perfume?" you asked coldly. He flinched at your tone. Then chuckled.

"It's my mums." Your cheeks reddened, then you dug your face into his shoulder. He hugged you.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry," he assured you. You glanced up, and he bent down to kiss you lightly, and called yourself crazy for ever believing this man could do such wrong.