Sherlock and John: Comments

"Are you guys in line?" A man and woman holding hands motioned to the space John and Sherlock had left in front of them. John nodded politely, and the couple took the spot behind them. "I'm Mark, and this is Leslie."

"I'm John, and this is Sherlock." John elbowed Sherlock lightly, alerting him it was time to be social. Reluctantly, Sherlock pocketed his phone and put a fake smile on his face, well the nice couple didn't know it was fake.

"Pleasure," he said with perfect manners, all the while he was scanning them up and down, deducing every little detail of their lives.

"Are you two here together?"

"Yes, his mum had tickets for the play and couldn't make it, so she gave them to us," answered John.

"How nice, I've heard good stuff about this play," commented Leslie. She had a messy mop of black hair piled on her head, her smile was toothy.

"Yes, I'm a big fan of plays actually," conversed John.

"You're also a big fan of blogging," muttered Sherlock. John recently had written a blog about Sherlock's mindless jibberish when he sinks into his mindpalace, it had needed to be explained for a case, and Sherlock was still a little touchy about it. He felt his best secret has been exploited. For the next couple minutes John talked to them about the blog, then the conversation floated into an awkward silence.

"So," started Mark, clearing his throat and rubbing his bald head, "how long have you been partners for?" What an odd question, thought Sherlock. How do they know we work together? John failed to mention it, and it's obvious they didn't deduce it out of us.

"A couple years," answered Sherlock, "a friend introduced us."

"How sweet!" ogled Mark. John and Sherlock eyed each other, there was nothing sweet about the way they had met and come to solve cases together.

"Do people accept it or do you face a lot of resistance?" Why the hell would we face resistance for solving cases?

"Sometimes the stuff we do is not always accepted by the public, but a lot of people look up to it for comfort," confessed John, not sure if he understood the question fully.

"That is so inspiring, I love that you're not afraid to voice who you are," admired Leslie. We just solve cases?

"Does the harshness of people's views get in the way of it all, make it hard to live together?" inquired Mark.

"No," answered Sherlock uneasily. "John here is hard to live with as it is," he joked.

"Says the person who always wakes up on the wrong side of the bed in the morning," John shot back.

"I'm not a morning person!"

"Trust me, I know." Mark and Leslie giggled lightly, amused by their bantering. Confused, John eyed Sherlock, both of them wondering the same thing. Why do these people think us arguing is... giggle worthy?

"You guys are so cute, it seems to be working out so well for you both. I'm so happy for you, really, your relationship is so strong." That's why.

"No see we're not t-"

"Next!" hollered the ticket lady. Before John and Sherlock could sputter out an explanation for their answers, they were called forward.

"Next time, make sure when they say 'partner', it's in the context of work," grumbled John, used to, but not happy about, always mistaking him and Sherlock as a couple. It was them against the world.

A/N

Did you miss me?

Probably... not. It's only been like 2 days, but it feels like 2 weeks :(

This update was kinda sucky. Not gonna lie. But I love this idea one of my friends gave me. The idea was supposed to be that someone thinks John and Sherlock are a couple, but they're oblivious to it, but continue to make comments that make them seem more so. I hope I conveyed that well!

Don't be afraid to leave some comments, some feedback, some votes (if ya liked it), and whatever else there is. Requests! That was it is.
Please please please please send in some requests, don't be shy!

So in the time I was gone I got over 200 reads????? You folks rock. Like hardcore rock. Love you all, you're amazing. Thank you thank you.

Peace out to the world of wattpad, see ya soon.

Enjoy