Sherlock: Plagued

Request for @wanda1527

~

You began coughing - at first little ones, then slowly it morphed into a crushing earthquake that overtook your body until finally the mucas and vile escaped.

"You sound horrible," commented Sherlock from where he stood in front of the mirror. He was buttoning his shirt and you took the chance to admire him from behind. Then you started coughing again. He turned around to study you, and made a face. "Almost look just as horrible too." You glared at him, and snuggled deeper into the covers. "I'm only kidding," he said, finishing his last button, then smoothed down the hair on your head. He leaned down and kissed your cheek.

"Are you going to work today?" you asked.

"Yes, I'm not the one who's sick," he rattled off robotically.

"Oh," was all you said. He sensed the disappointment in your voice, which you had tried to keep out, and came to sit on the edge of the bed. 

"Do you want me to stay home with you?" he asked. Yes yes yes yes yes.

"No, I can just hold my own hair back when I puke," you muttered sarcastically.

"Well good, today's case is a big one. Off to another day of making fun of John," he said in all seriousness. He wasn't taking the hint that you wanted him to stay home. He got up from the bed and patted your head. He grabbed for his coat and was about to head out the door when you called out,

"Sherlock! You're staying home." He looked at you confused.

"But didn't you just say-"

"Go make me some tea." He stood at the door for a couple seconds longer, his eyes out of focus, and you knew in his mind he was debating: (Y/n) or murder? You felt bad making him stay home from doing what he loves best, but at this point you needed hi-
You sprinted to the bathroom and let out everything from inside you. You puked a solid 3 times, then finally leaned back against the wall. Your hair, which had not been held during this whole thing, was wet slightly with throw up. You noticed a shadow in the door and looked up. "Were you standing there the whole time?" you asked shakily. Your body felt weak.

"Sadly yes." You held up the wet strands of your hair.

"Then why didn't you hold my hair back?"

"You said you could do it yourself," he argued. Getting frustrated you closed the door in his face and stripped off your clothes. The shower water felt warm against your body, and it cleared your sinuses slightly. You finally felt clean as you exited the shower, and felt even better as you wrapped a fluffy new towel around you. You absentmindedly dried your body, then brushed your teeth and rinsed out your mouth with mouthwash. You had spent probably 15 minutes in the bathroom, so you were surprised when you came out and the whole bedroom had been transformed.

The sheets and comforter on the bed had been replaced by fresh ones, every medicine a person with the flu could possibly need lay on the bedside table, shorts and one of Sherlock's t shirts were laid out on the bed, a mini fridge buzzed by the bed and when you opened it, it was filled with water and other drinkable fluids. Unbeknownst to you, Sherlock had entered the room while you were checking out the mini fridge. When you stood up and turned around a thermometer was plunged into your mouth, right under your tongue. You watched him as he held it there, checking the watch on his arm. Once satisfied he removed it and checked the temperature.

"38 degrees, celsius of course. Definitely a fever. Put on those clothes and get in bed." Before you did as you were told, he caught your eye and winked slightly, then leaned down and kissed your forehead.

"Aren't you afraid of getting sick?" you asked.

"You're worth it," he said sweetly, pushing a piece of hair behind your ear. Then the sweet moment ended when he said, "Also it's humanly impossible for me to get sick, it's been tested and proved."

Needless to say the rest of the day was paradise for you, and even though you were practically cured by the next day, you let the detective believe you needed him to stay home and wait on you all over again.

A/N

Yeah so sorry this one kind of sucked... Really have had no time this weekend. A lot of yard work and homework so yeah.

But

Happy Memorial Day! I'm not sure if people from other countries celebrate this too, or some other form of this holiday, but in America it's about honoring those soldiers who have fought and lost their lives for this country. (Also, informally, it's generally the first weekend of the camping season)

So let us take a moment of silence for all of those soldiers who have lost their lives, American or not!

~
~
~
~
~

Thanks guys!

So just a reminder

Only 3 more parts and I will be switching books! So watch out for that, I'll keep reminding you more later too.

Well that's all for today kids.

Till next time.

Good day