Sherlock: In The Theater

"It doesn't make any sense, why would he come here?"

"Well it is dark, perhaps he thinks he could get away with murder in a movie theater."

"I know that, but I'm talking about this specific movie theater. The one on Gordon Av. is much better."

"And when have you gone to the movie theater over there? I thought you hated them?" Sherlock ignored John's question, brushing past him and reaching the ticket booth.

"Two tickets for 'The Gift'."

"Is he your parent or guardian?" The girl behind the counter pointed to John. Puzzled, Sherlock shook his head.

"No, he's not my parent or guardian."

"I'm sorry kid, have to be 17 or older to get into the theater, or have a parent or guardian with you." His puzzlement turned into utter disbelief.

"I am older than 17, I am-"

"Yes, I'm his dad." Sherlock turned to John in bewilderment, and John gave him a look that said 'just go with it'. The girl eyed them both of them up and down, then muttered a sarcastic, "enjoy the movie" as she slid them the tickets.

"John, why did you tell her you were my dad?" Sherlock demanded once they were inside.

"The sooner we get in the theater and catch this maniac, the sooner we get out. We don't need to make a scene. I know that was embarrassing for you, but it was more so for me! Do I really look that old?" Sherlock inspected him.

"It's the hair." John pursed his lips in silent agreement. They made their way to theater room seven, footsteps whispering against the carpet.

"Do I really look like a teenager?" It was John's turn to inspect the consulting detective.

"It's the hat." Sherlock's hands flew to the top of his head. For a second he contemplated taking it off, but decided against it. The hat would help him blend in more, or so he thought.

~

The movie theater was milling with people all trying to get the best seats. John and Sherlock opted for higher up ones right smack dab in the middle, that way they could keep eyes on their culprit. Tonight, their search included looking for a man by the name of Rian Robbio, a suspected serial killer that dressed like the characters in the movies, then murdered their victims like so. He would be an easy target to spot, he was only 5'2" and weighed about 100 pounds. Not a very hefty man, but somehow he got the job done.

"I think I see him," said John, eyeing someone a couple rows down from them.

"That's a 12 year old girl."

"A girl, are you sure?" For the next couple minutes, the boys pointed out the characteristics that made her a girl, and the characteristics that didn't. The lights dimmed suddenly, and the trailers for other movies started playing.

"The dad did it."

"They all die."

"The bunny is trapped in a tree for god sakes."

"They practically give you the answer in the title - it's the TEA!" All around, people turned to glare at Sherlock. He was ruining all the movies for them, but in his mind, he was saving them the trouble of wasting their time and watching them. "Please, give me a hard one."

"HEY TOSSER, SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH BEFORE I SHUT IT FOR YOU!"

"Tell your wife to stop making eyes at the man she's having an affair with two rows back then come talk to me." Sherlock hrrumphed proudly, the man and his wife left.

"Sherlock remember what we talked about? Staying quiet? Not being noticed? Not doing everything you just did in the last five minutes?"

"Sorry mum, oh wait, I forgot you're actually my father," he grumbled snidely. Then he sat stone faced, staring at the screen. John tried not to snap at him, then he'd really be acting like his father. Or mother. Some sort of parent figure. Sherlock lifted his head promptly, eyes focusing in on two people sitting side by side 2 rows down and to the right. He observed them momentarily, then called out,

"Hello Glen, you here with a date? Or is that your wife?" Greg, not used to be called by any other name, seemed to not have heard him. "Glen?" Sherlock cocked his head to the side. "Detective Inspector!" At that, Greg turned around.

"Bloody hell, what have I done to deserve this?" he pleaded, looking up. The lady he was with was decorated up in a light blue dress, it complimented her light blonde hair and dark almond eyes.

"Date or wife?" Greg's anger bubbled under his skin, but he fought to keep it under control. "Or possibly a sister. Do you have a sister Glen?"

"Why is he calling you Glen?"

"Don't listen to him Anna, he does this thing wher-"

"And why did he ask about your wife? You told me you two were done."

"He doesn't know any better, I haven't told him anything about what's happened."

"You didn't need to tell me anything Glen, I read it all from your face."

"Sherlock, shut it."

"I'm going to go," murmured Anna angrily. On the way out she stomped on Greg's foot, he cringed and yelped out in pain. Massaging his sore toe, he glared up at Sherlock.

"If this is what the movies are like, I should go more often, they're quite enjoyable," decided Sherlock openly. John shook his head in disbelief, and headed down two rows and to the right, where he sat with Greg through the whole movie, just close enough to hear Sherlock whisper the ending of the movie before the title appeared on screen.

A/N
People that talk during movies piss me off so much. But it's Sherlock so it's okay.

Tried to be funny and have funny moments in this one, not sure if they were actually funny. LMK.

So the ending kind of sucked on this, sorry about that. I'm not really an ending kind of girl.

Okay I'm really tired so this author note sucks and sounds very much unprofessional but I think I'm just overtired and all my tiredness is accumulating from this whole past week and it's all just hitting me now because I'm typing this out and I keep misspelling words and I can't even think.

But on a happy note, DAILY DOUBLES. 1.4 k views???? I can't even. 100+ votes???? Still can't even. I've been promoted to the 'k', like I'm cool enough to have a k next to my views!!! But I should sleep now. Sorry about no update tomorrow, but I will be back soon children, no worries.

Okay enjoy