Sherlock: Johanna's Nightmare

Request for @yaracreations

~

You woke up and your vision was dark. It was still night, and you glanced at the clock on your bedside table. It was only 1:46am, and you felt relieved knowing you still had a good 6 hours of sleep left. You turned onto your side, scooting closer to Sherlock and closing your eyes once more to fall back to sleep. You heard his even breathing and it soothed you back to your dreamland. Well almost. You were stopped short of unconsciousness when you heard a creaking come from your bedroom door. Instantly your heart started pounding, and you instinctively latched onto Sherlock's arm, quite roughly you might add.

"SNUFFAHUMAMURDERSAH," he babbled, sitting up in bed alarmed. He moved his head quickly from side to side and you touched his shoulder to calm him, but it had the opposite effect. He shot up in the air, twitching with shock. He looked over, finally noticing it was you in the shadows. "(Y/n)," he sighed heavily, catching his breath, "why the-" The creaking came from the door again and you both jumped, clinging onto each other for dear life.

"Mummy? Daddy?" came the voice of your precious baby girl from the doorway. You felt Sherlock relax, and you loosened your grip.

"Yes baby?" you asked, sitting up so you could see her in the door. She stood in the moonlight, black curly hair running askew around her head, a blanket clutched tight in her arms, and the stuffed hound John and bought her saddled under her arm. She sniffled, and instantly Sherlock leaped from the bed, kneeling down in front of her.

"I-I-had a scary dream," she hiccuped between tears. Sherlock used his thumb to wipe away her tears, then opened up his arms for her to run into. They stayed on the ground for a bit, Sherlock rubbing calming circles on her back while Johanna explained the dream in vivid detail. "First mummy turned into a werewolf and started looking for me and I had to hide in a bush, but then when I looked back, daddy, you were on a building and someone pushed you off and I had to come save you but I couldn't run fast enough to catch you and-" she collapsed in his arms fully, sobs echoing around the silent room.

"Shh, shh, it's okay JoJo. Mommy is here, and she's not scary like a werewolf, even when she gets mad." You heard Johanna sniffle a little.

"I heard that," you called out, and Johanna hiccuped a small laugh.

"And I'm right here," Sherlock continued, "far away from the edge of any buildings." Your heart stung slightly at the memory, and you thought of what a coincidence it was that Johanna had that exact dream, just a touch modified. Johanna nodded her head, and Sherlock kissed her on the forehead. Then he scooped her up in his arms and walked her over to the bed. You held out your arms, and he passed her over to you. She snuggled her head into the crook of her neck, and you breathed in the scent of her princess sheets and strawberry soap. Sherlock climbed into bed, scooting closer so Johanna was sandwiched right in between you two. She squirmed slightly, finally settling on resting her head right below her father's head with her back pressed against your heart.

"Goodnight, we love you," you cooed, brushing back her hair from her face and kissing her gently on the temple.

"I know," she sighed happily, a childish smirk appearing on her face. You and Sherlock laid facing each other and you gave him a look. He snickered and smiled down proudly at her. You blamed him for your seven year old daughter being the queen of sass, but secretly, you liked that wild side of her. It reminded you of the man you married.

Sherlock blinked sleepily, a smile laid peacefully on his lips. Johanna lay still now, her body only slightly moving to the rhythm of her breathing. You leaned over, trying not to disturb your sleeping angel, and kissed him. He felt like home: warm and welcoming. But it was short lived, thanks to a giggle and a voice squeaking from below your connected lips.

"Ew, this is worse than my nightmare."

A/N

Short and sweet update. Just wanted to give you guys something to get you through the week considering tomorrow is Hump day! (Aka the longest day of the week)

myfirstnameisagent had a great idea and I am thinking of stealing it! When this book reaches 100 parts (10-11 parts from now) I think I'm going to create another book of imagines. Just for a change! Sounded like an appealing idea to me. What do ya'll think? (Well I'm doing it anyways despite what you guys think so HA)

(I'm sorry that was mean)

(But I was totally joking when I said that)

(Wow I can't even pretend to be mean)

Random: Where is the coolest place you have ever traveled? If you haven't ever traveled, what is your favorite spot to be in your town/city/etc.?

Lastly... *everyone still reading this sighs "thank god"*

This book is almost to 120k reads... I just wanted to say you are the best children a mother could ask for. I love you all. Reads may not seem like that big of a deal, and in the big scheme of things they probably aren't, but it's nice, really nice, to know that people come back and read these stories. Writing these stories gives me so much joy, and I hope you guys get as much out of reading them as I do writing them.

Together, we can get through this #SHERPRESSION and hiatus.

Night.