Sherlock: His Genius Daughter

Request for fangirlwriters

~

"Perhaps the fake dead body would be a little too much, she's only nine."

"(Y/n), I was eight and look how I turned out."

"Yes Sherlock, look how you turned out." He glared at you, then looked back down at the computer. You and him were devising a case for Johanna, your nine year old genius daughter, to solve. Because you were not a consulting detective nor a consulting detectives daughter, you were in charge of approving the case, asking people for help to be in on it, buying supplies, and decorating whatever you needed to decorate for it. Sherlock would think of the case. In the meantime, you heard the pitter of feet coming down the stairs, and turned to see your daughter standing there in solar system pajamas. Sherlock hated them, but John got quite a kick out of the joke. Her (y/h/c) curly hair was frazzled, sticking out here and there. She looked quite like you, inheriting only her eye color and hair from Sherlock, your favorite features (minus the cheekbones, damn your low cheekbones).

"Breakfast sweetie? You have a long day ahead of you." Greg had said he would distract her and bring her along with him today (you made him promise there would be no dead bodies), while you and Sherlock set up the case. Then, Lestrade would get a call from somebody (you, telling him it was time), and he would bring her to the set up case and let her solve it. Sherlock and you both decided it would be a good idea to set one up because in the past couple months she had been busy in school all day, and then practices for football afterwards. Sherlock missed his little sidekick, and this would set them right on track for summer. "Are you excited?"

"Yes, Gavin's funny, he's always joking around with me. Even though he's just a detective, he can be pretty smart." You spit out the tea you were drinking.

"Gavin?"

"Isn't that his name? Maybe it's George or Garen, either way, dad told me never to call him Greg, he hates that name. He has bad memories associated with his name, it's only out of respect that I don't call him that mum." Shaking your head, your eyes found Sherlock, his eyes glued to the computer screen, a proud smirk plastered on his face.

~

It was all ready, the footsteps in place, the burnt wood and furniture brought in, the fingerprints planted. The scene was an old house that a fire had started in a couple years ago, you, John, and Mary had brought in furniture from an old burnt house that was just two days old. Sadly, the happy couple had to leave to tend to their own little one. The goal was for Johanna to find out the criminal who started the fire, which she would find to be John. Sherlock had thrown some curve ball to throw her off, but he fully believed she would get past them.

"Call Geoff."

"I can't believe you got her to call him anything but Greg, his actual name." He shrugged, inspecting the scene again, making sure everything was in place. You called Greg, he answered, talking nonsense about a case, you laughed, then hung up.

"They're heading over, let's go." You beat Sherlock to the driver's seat, he was always driving, and smirked at him. You drove up the hill aways, behind some big trees. A van sat towards the top, doors open. From here you could see a dozen small monitors inside. Parking, Mycroft crawled out of the van and came to meet you two.

"Thank you so much for doing this Mycroft."

"The least I could do for Johanna. She's more intelligent than I would have thought." You took that to be a compliment, it is Mycroft you're talking to. With that, he led you to the van and showed you inside. Tiny cameras had been set up inside the premises for you guys to watch Johanna at work. Sherlock insisted on this so he could critique her later. A car popped up on the first video screen, Johanna was out of the car just as Greg put it into park. She walked in and observed her surroundings.

"Johanna wait, I don't know if it's safe in there!" yelled Lestrade. Sherlock snorted.

"He needs to work on his lying skills," commented Sherlock.

"He needs to work on a lot more than that," added Mycroft. They started laughing and you shook your head. At least they were getting along. Johanna took out her mini magnifying glass, a present from Sherlock on her 5th birthday, and looked at the tracks.

"If I didn't know any better Grant, I'd say these were John's footprints, small, and I've seen them before." Greg flipped off one of the cameras at the mention of 'Grant'.

"How do you know what John's shoe print looks like?" he inquired.

"Just like I know what yours look like. I have my ways." Definitely Sherlock's child. She poked around a little more, inspecting here and there, and after 5 minutes, turned to Greg.

"I solved it." He looked baffled.

"Well uh, give me the run down then."

"My parents set up this whole crime scene and you were in on it. Normally, you would have called in for back up, and arson is not your division. The house shows decay from the burn which happened around six years ago, and the furniture is from the house that burned down on Caytle St. two days ago. My mum must still not think me ready for murder scenes. Speaking of, her and dad must be around here somewhere. And by around here I mean in a security van listening to and watching us right this instance on these tiny cameras." She picked one off the wall and held it close to her face, inspecting it. Even through the camera, the twinkle in her eyes was there and their color was vibrant. "Obviously Mycroft is here as well, where else would they get the equipment?" Your mouth hung wide open. She was not supposed to know all this?

"How did she do that? I thought you set it up so she wouldn't know?" Sherlock smiled proudly.

"I set it up so she would have to see through the facade, that's the only way she would pass, is if she knew it was fake. Very important skill to have for a consulting detective." He grabbed your hand and tugged you out of the van and into the car. He beat you to the drivers seat, damn him, and sped down the hill, Mycroft in tow. We reached the house and Johanna was standing outside awaiting our arrival, a knowing look on her face. Sassy little child. You ran out of the car and hugged her.

"Good job baby, you were awesome."

"Thanks mum, did you do the decorating?"

"How did you know? Was it my amazing interior decorating skills?"

"No, it was that only dad would be clever enough to think of the case, so you would be stuck with everything else." Even my nine year old doubts my intelligence. Great.

"Be nice to your mother, she doesn't know what it's like in our brains." Johanna turned around, Sherlock was kneeling on a knee just behind her, right at eye level, a paper you had never seen before outstretched in his hand. It was a certificate reading

THIS CERTIFICATE IS PRESENTED TO

Johanna Violet Holmes

IN HONOR OF SOLVING HER FIRST CASE

She read it, eyes widening in surprise at first, then crinkling in happiness. She engulfed Sherlock in a hug, and he wrapped his arms around her tiny frame, lifting her up and holding her in his arms for a minute. He kissed her on the cheek and set her back on her feet. After collecting herself, she smirked up at Mycroft.

"How did I do uncle?"

"You, ah, you," he paused to clear his throat, "you did well." That was quite a compliment coming from Mycroft. Johanna, despite knowing how Mycroft was with affection, hugged him.

"Sherlock, next lesson to teach her is how to devoid herself of sentiment."

A/N

Eggnother chapter out. Lol, 'eggnother', get it? Hopefully you're laughing right now. If not, I hope you laughed at some point in this story.

Thank you for the reads, the comments, and the votes.

Requests still open, however they are piling up, so it may take awhile for me to reach yours, but at the rate I update (yeah I got rhymes), I will reach yours in no time!

Enjoy

BBC Sherlock ImaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara