Sherlock and Mycroft (Love Triangle)

Request for FandomGirl_704

~

"I only hope you won't hate my brother too much," commented Sherlock, typing away furiously on his keyboard.

"Well if he's anything like you," you started, going to stand behind him sitting in his chair and wrapping your arms around his neck, "I'll hate him at first." Sherlock huffed in annoyance and removed your arms. "But slowly, his charm will rub off on me," you finished.

"Doubt it," snorted Sherlock. "Even I have trouble with his rudeness at times."

"Well now I know where you learned it from," you teased, ruffling his hair once then heading back into the kitchen to help Mrs. Hudson with the food. Slowly people began to trickle in - you had volunteered to host a viewing party for the World Cup. In all honesty, as much as you liked watching football, it was really just an excuse to force Sherlock to invite his brother.

"He doesn't even like football, and neither do I," Sherlock had argued.

"Well then invite him so you two can bond over your dislike of organized sports, and so I can meet him." Finally after begging him for a 10 minutes and threatening to straighten his hair in his sleep, he gave in and said he would give Mycroft a call.

From the kitchen you heard the light tones of Mary's voice, and the deep grunt of Lestrade's, but above all you heard a new voice.

"Why don't they just pick up the ball and run with it?" asked a bored Sherlock.

"Because normal people must complicate everything, even something as simple as placing a ball in a net." Definitely Sherlock's brother you thought. Drying your hands on a towel, you made your way out to the living room. Everyone was sitting, besides the two brothers. Mycroft was the first to notice you, and his eyes flicked up and down your figure. You instantly felt
naked, much like the first time Sherlock had looked you up and down, like he knew everything about you just from one look. Mycroft looked deep in your eyes, then cleared his throat and turned back towards the TV, not bothering to introduce himself. You were put off by his indifference towards you, reassuring yourself he just didn't know you were Sherlock's girlfriend. Perhaps then he would give a formal introduction. Sensing your presence, Sherlock turned around and motioned for you to come over.

"Mycroft," he said, gently pushing your forward, "this is my..." His voice cut off, and he cleared his throat and tried again. "This is my g-" He shook his head, his curls jumping around. "This is (y/n)," he said. You glared at him - he still had trouble saying the "g" word.

"This is your girlfriend?" asked Mycroft, looking at you with surprise blanketing his features.

"Pleasure meeting you," you said, giving him a warm smile that you
hoped wouldn't seem like you were trying too hard. Inside, your stomach flip flopped - if Mycroft didn't approve of you, you feared Sherlock would do away with you. You knew Sherlock cared more about Mycroft's opinion than he let on.

"Yes, a pleasure indeed," smirked Mycroft. "So what has my brother drugged you with that's made you so taken with him?"

"Oh just the usual suspect - sentiment," commented Sherlock. "And my curls." He winked at you, then turned his attention back towards the game. Your face reddened - it was the curls, among other things, that had made you fall for him, but the curls had been what you first laid eyes on.

"Maybe I should go buy a wig," joked Mycroft, just quiet enough that it didn't catch your brother's attention, but it did catch yours. Thinking he was referring to seducing other women with fake hair, you ignored it.

"So Mycroft, what do you do for a living?"

"Whatever my brother does, but a million times better." Sherlock scoffed, and you chuckled.

"You're just as modest as Sherlock," you commented sarcastically.

"And almost as good looking," he shot back. You two broke into a small fit of laughs, and you were happy about the bonding. But in a moments notice, you were whisked away.

"Sherlock what are you doing?" you asked. He had ahold of your hand was leading you down the hall to your bedroom. Once in he shut the door, and let his hands rest on the frame. "I was bonding with your brother," you whined. You felt as if you had made a good first impression so far and you did not want it to be ruined by your psychotic lover.

"'Bonding'? Is that what you call it?" he ravaged, pacing back and forth in front of the door. He stopped suddenly and moved towards you, grabbed your face with both hands, and kissed you. You were shocked by the sudden gesture, and it took you a second to break from your momentary coma. Sadly, the kiss ended rather quickly, before you could gather your wits and kiss him back.

"What was that for?" you asked breathlessly, basking in the warmth of his hands that caressed your face.

"My brother can flirt with you all he wants, but I'm the only one that gets to kiss you," Sherlock stated matter-of-factly, a look of dark humor on his face.

"Flirt?" you asked in disbelief. Mycroft had been flirting with you? A sickly feeling grew in the pit of your stomach - this was not how you had hoped to "get along" with Sherlock's brother.

"Yes flirt. It's a rather common occurrence among the human race," he rattled off, removing his hands from your face and rolling up his shirt sleeves till they reached just below the crease of his elbow.

"Sherlock I know what flirting is," you mumbled.

"I know you do, you were at it just a minute ago with my brother."

"No I wasn't!" you argued. He chuckled deeply.

"I know you weren't, but he was, and that's why you're going to stay in this bedroom for the rest of the night and not come out unless you are covered head to foot, eyes included, with some sort of unappealing outfit." You couldn't help but break a smile - he was jealous. And jealous Sherlock was your favorite Sherlock. He always tried to hide it and deny it, then claim just being "mindful of other's feelings towards you".

"I love it when you get jealous," you smiled, leaning into give him a peck on the lips. He moved his head away from yours, an unamused look on his face.

"I'm not jealous," he pouted.

"Oh right I forgot, you're just being mindful of your brother's feelings." He drew a frown at your comment, and smiling, you kissed it off his face.

A/N

Did not think I would get an update out this weekend, but miracles can happen!

For my fellow Americans/American football watchers:
Did you watch the Super Bowl?
There were only a couple commercials that made me laugh, didn't seem like they were as good as years past. But that halftime show was definitely entertaining, I loved it!

For my non American football watchers:
What do you think of American football? I met this Australian guy once who thought it was pointless lol! I'm interested to hear your opinions. Doesn't even have to be about football. (I know, us Americans are always so interested to hear what other countries think of us, but we can't help it, you all are so cool!)

Well, it's a Sunday night and I got another long week of school ahead of me. So, I bid thee goodnight.

Hopefully I can update sooner than next weekend, but no promises. I have a long list of requests so bear with me. Patience is key!

Enjoy your week children.