Lestrade: Coincidence

Warning - this a sensitive topic.

~

You watched him walk up the pathway, a bounce in his step. You heard him jiggle with the locks, thankful for that small delay before he came inside.

"Hey baby," he said with a big smile, dropping his coat on the chair and rushing towards you. He pecked you lightly on the lips then leaned down towards your belly. "And hello baby," he chirped, kissing your tummy through the shirt. Every part of your body tightened and your stomach turned. Your stomach. He left a couple more kisses around your belly, babbling happily to it.

"Greg," you stated harshly. Your heart jumped up to your throat and you choked back a sob.

"What's wrong?" he asked, brushing a stray hair behind your ear. At that you almost fell apart, but you fought to keep it together. You took one look into his brown eyes, his safe brown eyes. Then you were crying and he was holding you and you were apologizing.

"I'm sorry..." you hiccuped between sobs, "it just happened and," another hiccup, "there was blood and..." You collapsed in his arms.

"(Y/n) are you okay?" he asked, heartbreak in his voice. For awhile all that was heard was your sobs. Your broken sobs. You sniffled. I have to tell him, you thought.

"I'm okay," you whispered, your voice raspy and about to break. "But our baby isn't." Confusion flicked across his eyes and you looked away.

"What do you mean?" You felt sick to your stomach.

"I-there-I had a mis-," your voice gave out.

"Miscarriage," he whispered breathily. All you could do was nod. You snuck a peek at him, and tears streamed down his face. He was staring at your belly, your empty belly.

"I'm sorry. I understand if you're mad. This isn't supposed to happen to normal women, I don't know how-"

"Hey hey it's not your fault," he said, lifting your chin with his hand. He wiped away your tears and kissed your forehead. His lips were wet from his own tears and you shuddered. For awhile you two stood there basking in the sadness of losing your child. All the dreams you had for him/her was gone. Your precious baby that you would never meet, never name, never watch take their first steps and graduate from high school. The memories were taken from you before they were even there.

Would Greg still love you? You couldn't bare his child. He had been talking about having kids with you before you were even married. You knew how much this meant to him. And you let him down. It took all your courage to look up at him. Tears fell steadily, and you joined in with your own beat. Drip drip drip. He caught your eye and his mouth turned into a crooked smile. You grimaced back. It was your turn to wipe his tears.

"I love you," he stated with a firm voice. "I love you and this does not make me love you any less. Please do not be mad at yourself. This-this was not your fault. This happened for a reason, some stupid reason." He gulped and took a deep breath, looking away to some far off place. You couldn't hold it together anymore, and you broke down for the thousandth time that day. He pulled you close, continuing to whisper comforting words in your ear. You gripped the hair at the back of his head, trying to grasp onto anything that would keep you above, keep you from sinking.

"C'mon," he begged, grabbing your hand and pulling you outside. You followed, wiping your runny nose on your sleeve. He opened the back door and stepped out, motioning you to follow. It was a rare sunny day in London. Birds chirped and clouds were scattered throughout the sky. He pulled you in front of him, your back to his front, and cupped his arms around you, his hands resting on your belly. He lowered his mouth to your ear, and you breathed in the spicy smell of his deodorant.

"He or she, whoever they were going to be, they're up there. They're watching us. They know their mummy and daddy loves them. I don't think it's a coincidence that it's a blue sky today." You bit your tongue and stared up at the sky, attempting to send all your love up to your unborn baby. You closed your eyes. "We'll never forget them," he went on. "They were our first, but they won't be our last." Fresh tears came and they felt familiar now. You buried your face into one of his arms.

"What if this happens again?" You could barely get the words out. You were sick to your stomach with hatred for yourself, for your body, and its cruel nature. His arms tightened around you.

"We'll go to the doctor. We'll figure out what happened, we'll fix it." You could only nod your head. "Until then, you have stay in this with me (y/n), you have to believe it will be okay."

"Okay Greg, I will." You would try. For him. And for your little baby you would never get to meet.

A/N

So sorry about that. Idea popped in my mind one day and this is what came of it.

Onto cheerier things

- "THE FAMILY" OH MY GOSH.
1) Great story. Overall it was really suspenseful and creepy and I loved it! Can't wait for tomorrow when it's on again!
2) RUPERT IS QUITE POSSIBLY, no he is, THEE MOST BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEING TO EVER WALK THE EARTH I AM NOT JOKING. Seriously. Like I couldn't handle it. His voice too. It was so weird hearing him with an American accent. You could still hear his British accent trying to peak through, but I mean he did really good overall because that must be really hard.

So yeah. Watch "The Family" if you want if you want your ovaries to explode.

Reminder: requests are always open. Send 'em in folks! Always looking for fresh ideas. Any characters.

As always, thank you for reading/voting/commenting. Means the world.

(Speaking of world... Watched "The Martian" last night and it was awesome. I highly recommend that movie for a good laugh and some intense parts.)

((Also, if you're ever looking for a way to stay up late at night when you're really tired but you and your friends are watching movies, just let them pour syrup on your stomach. It gets stuck in your belly button and it's really hard to get out. Then eat a jalapeño after. Works like a charm.))

Goodnight.