Moriarty: Teenage Dirtbag

(Teen time)

(Andrew looks so young in that photo!)

~

The back of your head was burning up from the heat of his stare. You were having a hard time focusing on the arithmetic problem your teacher was writing up on the board. It was not like this was your first encounter with James Moriarty. You had gone to primary school with him through the years. At one time he had been a golden boy - perfect grades, perfect hair, perfect smile, and smart too. It was needless to say you had the biggest crush on him. Then one day he came to school, the bags stretching enormously under his eyes, his smile completely gone. His grades dropped, but his intelligence didn't. He went from being the leader of the math and science clubs to hacking into the school's internet and posting pictures of drunk teachers around the school. He had been this way for 4 years now.

It's not like he had lost his attractiveness though. His hair stood up in different directions, a sexy mess. And the bags under his eyes emphasized the dark pool of brown in his them. If you looked too deep into his eyes you could've swore you got stuck. But he became a person you didn't associate with, a boy with a dark demeanor and, probably, darker thoughts.

But lately, something about him had changed, well towards you at least. For the past 4 years he has done nothing but ignore those around him, walking around with his headphones in and eyes cast down. In biology you were his assigned partner. Normally he just sat there, answering all the questions without even having to look at his notes, then passing the notebook over to you so you could copy. But this past week he said his first word to you.

"Hello." You had not heard him talk for quite sometime - teachers knew not to call on him - and his tenor tone was a striking surprise. His greeting threw you off, as did his dark eyes that latched onto yours. You stood frozen for a moment before you finally returned a small "hi". He gave you a strained smile, like he hadn't used it in awhile. Not only that but he had attempted to make conversation with you, not just that day, but the days that followed.

You had other classes with him, for example math, but with your friends so close in proximity he never said a word, just stared at you. You hadn't noticed the bell ring, and everyone around you started to pick up. It was the end of the day, and a Friday.

"We'll meet you out front," said your friend Jade. You didn't hurry to pack up, just took your time putting away your pencil and your notebook. Then you felt it again, that burning feeling. You zipped your bag up slowly and got up from the desk. You turned around and he was standing too, a foot behind you. You looked up at him, he was a good 4 inches taller than you.

"Need someone to walk you to your locker?" he asked with that same strained smile. His dark eyes found yours again, looking deep into you. You looked away, feeling vulnerable by his stare.

"I think I can make it myself," you said, edging towards the door. It wasn't that you were creeped out by him, he just had this standoffish feeling about him.

"Are you uncomfortable?" he asked. You looked wide eyed around the room and noticed your teacher was gone. You were alone with James Moriarty, the silent bad boy. You shook your head slightly, taking slow steps backwards to the door. "Then why are you trying to leave?" You froze.

"Be-because my friends are waiting for me."

"It's so cute when you stutter," he said,
methodically moving towards you. "You know I've watched you these past years. I think you're a," he paused for a moment, his eyes sweeping the map of your face, then he deflated. His chest, which had been popped out in a pridely manner sank into his body, and his chin that was proudly aimed towards the sky dropped to the ground. "I'm sorry," he said, shaking his head at the ground. At this point you didn't know what to think. He had gone from macho man, which you hadn't seen from him for years, back to his minuscule self in a matter of seconds. He continued to stare at the ground, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. You stood awkwardly, not sure if you should leave or not.

"James, are you okay?" you asked carefully, afraid of him exploding on you.

"Am I okay?" he cackled, shaking his head in disbelief. Then he froze, catching your eyes again and becoming serious. "No I'm not." Speechless, you started to tangle your hands in a nervous manner. "I like you." If you had been drinking water you would have spit it out. Thankfully you weren't, and you only minorly choked on your own saliva. You were too afraid to look at him, fearful of the new emotion he'd have rolling across his face. You were scared of him. Scared of his feelings for you. At once he had been a poster boy, but now he graffitied posters. He was dangerous and dark and scary and you were just an ordinary girl bathed in innocence.

"I like you and I was trying to be tough, but I'm, I'm not tough," he confessed, his voice shaky. "I am not like normal people, and you're a normal person, and talking to you makes me nervous." Again, you didn't know how to respond. His t-shirt clung to his body, and his tight jeans hugged his legs. He looked just as devilishly bad and handsome as he did any other day, but he didn't scare you anymore. His rambling showed you different. "I was trying to be my old self because I know you must have liked me the way I was, everyone else did. But that's not me. I am not a good person. I am a gifted criminal-". You put a finger up to his lips to stop him. He needn't say more. You could see his low self-esteem, his unsureness about himself. He did not realize, like he used to, how attractive he was, nor sweet. He knew himself only to be a criminal, and a smart one at that. You found yourself looking into his eyes again, but they were no longer dark. A small beam of light shone through them, trying to breakthrough. Right then you vowed to yourself you would make James Moriarty a good, if not better, man. You would make that full light shine through. And you started it with a kiss.

A/N

I have reached 50K READS. In honor of that I decided to have a midweek update! I couldn't think of anything better that I could actually accomplish, so here you go.
Seriously though I just want to thank you guys. I never imagined I would reach 50k. That blows my mind. Writing these stories had been so much fun! It has helped me with my #sherpression no doubt, and I hope it has helped you.
Your guys' comments and votes make my day, especially your comments. Again, thank you for reading these imagines. It means the world to me! You guys are brilliant and spectacular humans and I love you and never forget that!

Okay sleepy time now

(Requests are always open don't forget! I enjoy writing them, any characters!)