Moriarty: The Angel (Teenage Dirtbag Part 2)

Request for @mapleleaf12

~

Y/N POV

"My parents invited you over for dinner tonight," you prompted. A bitter wind blew through and leaves flew by in the air and on the ground. You shivered, tightening your grip on James' hand and leaning more into him as you continued to walk down the sidewalk.

"Two times in one week? They must really like me," he teased.

"They do," you said in all seriousness, making sure to look deep into his eyes when you said it. His brown eyes locked onto yours and he gave a small nod, acknowledging the point you were making.

Although he wouldn't admit it, you knew that it was important to him that your parents liked him. He occasionally tried to play like he was still a bad boy, but deep down you knew he was a softie. In the 4 months and 10 days (James always kept an exact count and got mad when you approximated) you two had been together, he had changed. Well not changed so much as evolved. At first, you had began to take him to hang out with your friends, and while they were a little scared of him at first, he fit in surprisingly well. Eventually he became a popular socialite once more, but would always opt out of the party invitations to spend the night watching movies or driving around or playing card games with you. You even got him to do ALL his homework, and turn it in on time. He called you a miracle worker, an angel. His angel.

You two continued walking, occasionally stealing glances at each other and giggling like little school children. At one point you caught his eye and you saw it - that full blown light shining within his deep browns.

"What?" he asked, grinning at you.

"Nothing," you whispered, leaning into him as he left your hand to wrap his arm around your shoulders.

~

James POV

Boom. Boom. Boom.

The bass pounded loud in his ears as he lay in his bed air drumming. Suddenly the music stopped, and James glanced at his phone to see someone was calling. His screen read "Mrs. (y/l/n)". He immediately sat up, unplugged his headphones, cleared his throat, and ran his fingers through his hair. What are you doing she can't see you he thought, shaking his head and answering the phone.

"Hello?" he asked, trying to sound polite and not like he was freaking out on the inside. Was it good if your girlfriend's mom called you?

"James? James is Mrs. (y/l/n)!"

"Hello Mrs. (y/l/n)," he greeted calmly, afraid that she would be able to hear his thumping heart.

"I was just calling to ask when (y/n) will be home. She's not answering her phone."

"She's not home?" James asked confused. They had split up at their usual meeting place that was exactly a 1/4 of a mile from each of their houses. "Last time I saw her was 2 hours ago after our walk."

"Oh," said Mrs. (y/l/n) hoarsely. "Well I'm sure she's at one of her friends, I'll just call around, no worries. I'll see you at 7." She hung up before James could choke out a good bye. Come to think of it he hadn't heard from her in sometime, but he thought she had fallen asleep. She was always taking naps. He smiled slightly at the mental image of drool dribbling down the side of her face while she snored lightly. He hated snoring, but she made him hate it a little less when she did it. He called her phone, but there was no answer. He left a voicemail. Trying to prevent himself from worrying too much he turned back on his music.

Boom. Boom. Boom.

Minutes later, when he was beginning to doze off, there was no more loud bass playing in his ear, just silence. He realized his phone was ringing again and hurriedly checked it, hoping it was (y/n). The screen read "Mrs. (y/l/n)". He gulped and answered.

"Hello?" he said shakily, a sick feeling filling his stomach before she even started talking.

"James," she breathed, "you need to come down to the hospital."

~

By the time he had found her parents he was almost too late.

"She's only got... a couple... minutes," choked out Mr. (y/l/n). He patted James on the shoulders and led his bawling wife to the two chairs stationed outside the hospital room. James wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans and opened the door. She laid there, barely recognizable, blanketed in tubes and bandages. He darted towards her, careful to only touch her with his eyes. Her eyes broke open, but only slightly.

"(Y/n)...." cried James. Her mouth moved slightly, struggling to speak. Eventually she gave up, and just stared into his eyes, trying to soak up their warmth as much as she could. They communicated with their eyes. They didn't need words to say goodbye when their eyes spoke clearly. They didn't need words to show they were both thinking of all their memories they had shared together. Silence filled the room, but it was louder than ever. It was a silence full of broken hearts and silent tears. After what seemed like seconds, but was actually minutes, the doctor came in.

"Son, it's time." James bit his lip, another wave of fresh tears setting in. They took one last look at each other, one last long look. Then he kissed her on the forehead, and with that, imprinted the words "I love you" on her mind. He turned quick around, knowing he could not look at her again. He wouldn't. He couldn't. Once outside he walked down the hall, then the next hall, then the next. He kept walking through the halls, expecting her at any moment to creep up behind him, slip her fingers through his, and lean into him. But she didn't. He punched the nearest thing, which happened to be a vending machine. He felt a crack in his hand and his knuckles split.

"Sir, do you medical attention?" asked a nurse lightly. He pushed past her, tears falling again.

I need her, he thought. I need my angel.

A/N

So happy Valentine's Day. If you could call it happy. I just don't like balloons and PDA, which is like all that Valentine's Day is, well at my school at least. Thankfully though it's Sunday so I haven't had to deal with that.

Okay I have a serious question and I want to hear your guys' answer:

What do you think Moriarty's parents are like? Are they still alive? Do they know what he's up to? What kind of people are they? I'm really curious about his childhood and background! Can anyone shed some light on it for me?

Well, I think that's all I have... Besides a big thank you for reading my stories, it means so much. I never thought I'd reach 56,000. And your guys' comments make me so happy. Every time I have a new comment I get all happy and giddy. And esspecially when they're funny - oh man you guys crack me up.

Okay well good day kiddos.