John: Finds Out You Already Have A Boyfriend

You huffed loudly as you marched unwillingly into the doctors office. Maybe, if you sighed loud enough, James would let go of your hand and you could go right back into the cab and back to his flat where you could sip on tea and read your book. But when you looked up at him he smiled.

"I know what you're trying to do (y/n), but I'm not going to fall for it, not this time." Then he kissed the top of your head and you rolled your eyes. Maybe if you rolled your eyes big enough... Your body froze up as you approached the front desk.

"How can I help you?" asked the blonde receptionist. You shot a look up at James, one that clearly stated you were not going to make this easy, and he frowned at your stubbornness.

"(Y/f/n) (y/l/n) to see Dr. Watson." Watson. Must be related to Emma Watson. You'd have to ask. Something touched you, waking you from your thoughts, and James led you over to the sitting area. You picked two chairs side by side, and after you were both  seated, you rested your head on his shoulder. You two had been together for six years. No, not engaged, nor married. Just together. James didn't believe in titles, like boyfriend or girlfriend, or husband and wife. As much as that bothered you, there were more important reasons that you stuck by his side: he listened (sometimes), he got along quite well with your family, and he was loyal. He patted your leg encouragingly and the tension in your chest eased. Doctors' offices gave you anxiety, because if you went to a doctors' office, something was wrong with you, and if something was wrong with you, that meant you could possibly die from it. A little dramatic, but that's how you thought about it.

"(Y/n)," stated a short man, whom you presumed to be Dr. Watson. You sighed inwardly, not wanting to be outwardly rude, then got up. James smacked your butt, trying to make it nonchalant, but Dr. Watson's face reddened at the sound of it. He grimaced at you, still not sure how to respond to that arse slap you had just received, and pointed a door down the hallway. All the was heard through the building was yours and the doctors footsteps, and the receptionist lady typing.

"Right through here," he said, pointing to a door on your left.
"You can sit right there," he said again, pointing, again, to a chair in the corner of the room.
"So tell me, what symptoms are you having?" You signed, interrogation time.

"Well Dr., I've had a headache for the past 2 straight days, a fever since last night, and I threw up all last night and this morning." So maybe you were a little sick.

"Sounds like the flu." You shrugged your shoulders.

"So it's no big deal then right? My boyfr- James brought me in here because he thought it was something more serious."

"Well it's still serious," he said eyeing you up and down, probably a doctor examination, then reddened, yet again, when he met your eyes. You stared at each other for a couple seconds before he cleared his throat.
"I'll give you some medicine that will help."

"Thank you," you responded politely. You surveyed the room, health posters lining the wall.

"So you have a boyfriend?" Your head shot around to face Dr. Watson, but his back was to you.

"Um yes, but more serious than that."

"Engaged?"

"No," you responded flatly, not wanting to explain the difficulties surrounding your relationship status.

"Interesting," he stated simply. I narrowed my eyes. Was he attempting to make small talk?
"Will you ever get engaged?" My jaw dropped, how dare he be so... so... intrusive! Nosy!

"Why does it matter?" I snapped, annoyed that this man was asking questions I could provide no answer for.

"Well if it's so serious why aren't you engaged?"

"If you're so bloody curious why don't you just ask him?" I barked, crossing my arms. He finally turned to face me.

"Maybe I will." Then he smiled at me. And I continued to narrow my eyes at this man who thought he could ask any question he wanted to because he was a doctor.

"Mary the receptionist will have your medicine at the counter when you leave." I nodded once and hopped off the chair, wanting to get away from this horrible being.
"And let me know how your serious-but-not-so-serious relationship works out." I turned around, ready to start yelling at Dr. What's-his-face for mocking my relationship, and saw him still smiling in me at amusement. Instead I put up my nose and turned on my heel, exiting the room. I made my way down the hall where I picked up my medicine from the nice lady, hollered at James to hurry, and grabbed one of Dr. Watson's business cards that was on the front desk. Just in case.

A/N
Sorry I suck at updating, I was camping! My first John imagine, let me know what you think. I don't really know what you John lovers expect from these, so please, criticism is welcome! I have a few ideas for other imagines, but remember I take requests so feel free to leave one. Thank you lovely wattpad readers.