John: Clueless

"Next case."

"(Y/f/n) (y/l/n). Thinks her brother-in-law is stealing her family's heirlooms and selling them for drug money."

"Already solved it, but send her in anyways."

"Show off," muttered John under his breath, going to open up the door to the flat. "Please, come in." He greeted a woman with shocking bright eyes and a dimple on her left cheek when she smiled. He motioned her into the flat, towards a chair in the middle of the room, right between the men's chairs. Sherlock was pacing, but after catching eye of her, sat down and placed his hands in perfect prayer formation, his fingers resting against his lips. She looked around examining the space, and made her way over to the chair; her eyes only broke their examination of the room once when they briefly glanced at John as he moved towards his chair.

"Hi I'm-"

"Yes, we know," informed Sherlock. She winced at Sherlock's abrupt interruption.

"Sherlock," warned John, then he turned to (y/n). "Sorry about him, he forgot his manners, well the few that he had." Sherlock rolled his eyes and sighed heavily.

"If we must, what is your name (y/n)?"

"You just said it," she said, meeting John's eye, then breaking into a fit of  giggles at Sherlock's pink cheeks.

"Moving on," said Sherlock, changing the subject and eyeing the girl. "I already know the solution to your case, but John is making me sit here and pretend to listen to you since you wasted your time to come here." (Y/n) looked taken aback by his abruptness, but instantly relaxed when John gave her an encouraging smile. She blushed, yet again, and Sherlock scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion. Was she blushing at John? He looked to John who was waiting patiently for the girl to start talking. John felt Sherlock staring at him, and looked over suspiciously. Sherlock looked back to the girl and again found her staring at John, who, most annoyingly, was oblivious to her watchful eye. John cleared his throat, easing the woman to start talking. She flitted her eyes away nervously when they caught his, and began to explain the case.

"My sister and her husband married about 3 years ag-"

"Do you have a boyfriend?" asked Sherlock. (Y/n)'s eyes widened, and John snapped his head to look at Sherlock, an angry look on his face. "Well?" urged Sherlock.

"No," she answered slowly.

"That's surprising," smirked Sherlock. The girl didn't blush, like he intended to make her do, but instead just looked away (to John of course).

"Will you excuse us?" said John to (y/n). She instantly brightened up at his mention of her name. John led the way to Sherlock's bedroom, shutting the door behind them.

"What was that?" exploded John as soon as the door was closed.

"What was what?" asked Sherlock devilishly.

"That-," John was at a loss for words, "flirty smirk thing! This is a case Sherlock, you can't just flirt with the customer. You of all people should understand that."

"Oh piss off," said Sherlock, opening the door and marching back out to the living room. "Sorry to keep you waiting (y/n)," he said in his smoothest voice. Her attention, however, wasn't focused on the husky staccato melody in his voice, but John's form passing by her to sit back on his chair. Sherlock huffed in annoyance. Although he wouldn't admit it, he was used to getting all the attention. Not that the attention from this particular woman mattered, but the fact that John took no notice of it set him off.

"Back to what you were saying," said John, giving Sherlock one last glare.

"About me being single?" she asked innocently, batting her eyes at John. Sherlock searched John for any sort of recognition that (y/n) was hitting on him, but he discovered no realization whatsoever.

"No, about the case," said John, not even looking up from his pad of paper he was doodling on. (Y/n) sighed, frustrated that John wasn't taking the hint.

"Well, like I said, my sister and her husband had gotten married 3 years ago and-". She stopped talking and took a deep breath, and John looked up confused.

"John do you want to-" Sherlock, realizing what she was about to do, cut her off mid question.

"Well thanks for coming and good luck with your drug dealing brother-in-law, maybe he'll give you a good deal," and rushed her out the door, closing it on her before she could utter another word.

"What was that about?" asked John, outright confused at what had just
taken place.

"How blind are you?" huffed a frustrated Sherlock, stomping away to his room and leaving John clueless.

A/N

Wow I updated finally.
It's been like 2 weeks.
2 loooooooong weeks.
My apologies.
I hope to never be gone for that long again. But I'm trying to give higher quality writing. (Quality > quantity)
Life is busy as usual.
Been doing a lot of soul searching lately. A lot of deep thinking. Trying to find myself, ya know, the typical young adult "I am an individual" kind of stuff.
The fact that I'll be in college next year and making a name for myself is hitting me hard. So just wanted to let you guys know I didn't just abandon this story. I've just been thinking a lot and not writing as much.
But I miss you guys.
Hope all is well.
And I hope you enjoyed this story.
More to come soon (by soon I mean less than two weeks)