Chapter 1

I take a deep breath in slowly letting out a deep sigh, the hallways are mostly quiet with only the soft chatter of students. I always did appreciate the atmosphere- and then I hear them. Noisily poking and prodding behind me, causing so much unessicary commotion, per usual. "Ella!" They call laughing as I enter the grand staircase ignoring their persistent calls.

I feel the staircase begin to shift beneath my feet, and I hold the railing to steady myself. They stumble after me clumsily almost falling off the edge of one of staircases, "Stupid." I huff beneath my breath as I watch them laugh hysterically at the thought of them falling to their death.

"Snow seriously! Wait! Up!" I immediately stop-. I'm so bloody tired of this. "How many times? How many times is it going to take until you stop calling me by my last name?!" I feel my face flush at my sudden burst of rage. I have to keep it together. Before I can even recoup our stairways have clicked together allowing them to reach me.

"What is it?" I groan completely overwhelmed by their presence at the moment. I already have enough to deal with when it comes to classes and they aren't helping at the moment. "We just wanted to say Hello." My right eye begins to twitch uncontrollably my heart pounding. Breathe. "Will you two ever leave me alone?" "Hmmmm not likely!" Fred says wrapping his arm around my waist pulling me gently to walk with him.

George rushes to catch up with us wrapping his arms around my shoulder pulling me out of Fred's grasp, slightly but not completely. "You both are really giving me a headache.. or maybe it's just the hair." I say quickly a slight smirk pulling at the corner of my mouth. George gasps flicking my nose gently and I roll my eyes, "Dramatic." "Well can you blame me! That's offensive to gingers everywhere." I giggle slightly the storm clouds that were hovering above my head finally lifting. "Plus you know I was just joking Weasley. You both know I love your hair." "Oh, we know." George grins shooting me a Fred a quick wink. What does he mean by that????

"I didnt even know she could make a joke like that George." "Neither did I Fred." I roll my eyes stopping and stick my tounge out at them both. "You're both ridiculous. You know I'm absolutely hilarious." They both glance at each other a chaotic glint in their eyes. "No." I say taking a step back them slowly approaching me. "No!"

Fred scoops me into his arms tossing me over his shoulder and I flail wildly my face as red as a tomato. "Fred Weasley put me down right this instant!!" I laugh pounding at his back. I pull at his sweater gently, ruffling his hair. He smells like fireworks, taffy, and his shampoo. Even though he is holding me over his shoulder he seems like he's trying to be gentle.

I sigh tilting my head up and brushing my long honey colored hair out of my face as Fred carrys me down the steps. As soon as I lift the curtain blocking my view I see Harry, Ron, and Hermoine all standing amused behind us. "Hi guys." I say as Fred passes me to George him shifting his body to look at them.

"Hey El." Harry says a huge grin on his face. I watch as he tucks his hair away from his face giving me, just a glimpse, of his lighting bolt scar. Everyone knows the story of the boy who lived but actually seeing him in real life feels like it's out of a story. It's fascinating seeing it but I also still know it hurts him to think about it. It's the constant reminder of everything he's lost staring at him in the mirror. His nose also looks bruised like something happened...

Ron walks over jabbing George in the side and he immediately sets me down whacking the back of his skull, "Bloody hell George." Ron says everyone being unable to hold in their laughter.

"You two are annoying." I say while brushing my uniform off and raking through my hair with my fingers. Fred and George both gasp glancing at each other as the dramatics setting in. Fred falls to his knees clutching his chest, "Oh Ella-" He sucks in a deep breath slowly rolling to his back on the floor. "That really hurts."

"Well I would just get over that." I say quickly turning away, hiding my smile. "Wait where are you going?" George says running up behind me and grabbing my waist pulling me against him. Like Fred, he smells like fireworks, but he also has the slight scent of cinnamon, and orange. He holds me for just a moment and I can feel his breath against my neck sending chills down my spine. I wasn't expecting him to do something like that so abruptly. I'm used to the twins being touchy, but never like that. Not where it makes my heart beat and my stomach bubble.

I pull away recouping and contain my facial expressions as I turn to look at him. George's ears are pink and he looks like he's currently fighting a battle with himself at the moment. I dont think either of us were expecting that. "I'm not going anywhere." I can manage to nervously get out brushing it off. I'm so embarrassed.

Harry, Ron, Fred, and Hermoine all stand there. The trio is laughing but Fred has a dissatisfied frown on his face. I watch as he begins towards us the mischief growing. "Aw I want to hold Ella like that." He whines teasing George and I poking and prodding at our emotions. I feel my face flare up and I glare at him. "If you two both dont stop being absolutely ridiculous I'm going to give you bird beaks!" They immediately raise their hands in surrender. "Okay, okay, sorry."

I walk silently as I listen to Fred and George chat happily about a candy they're making that creates gooey, oozing, green spots. As we're walking I spot Oliver Woods who is looking directly at me. I smile giving him a little wave and he immediately starts to walk towards me a bright smile on his lips.

"Hey Ella." He says placing his hand behind his neck and stretching. I smile and watch the twins stop in their tracks watching intently. "Hey Oliver, what's up?" I watch his eyes flicker behind me multiple times and I turn to look the twins making ugly faces at him. I immediately stifle my laughter and turn to him smiling. "Sorry about them. I'll see you in potions later right?" "Yeah- and also El.. I was wondering, if maybe, only if you want to. If we could go to Broomsticks later tonight? Together?" He watches me silently his leg shaking slightly and I blush. Oliver Woods, one of the most handsome men at Hogwarts, is getting nervous about asking me out to dinner. "Yeah, of course." I hear two disapproving groans behind me and I roll my eyes at them waving to Oliver. I'll see you then."

"Yeah, of course." The twins mimic in shrill high voices making fun of me. I'm completely able ignore them because I'm already drowning in my mental plans for the night. My stomach gets a little giddy and I feel my cheeks warm up. "Hey do you have a fever?" Fred asks pressing the back of his hand against my forehead. I roll my eyes swatting his hand away. "No idiot." He squints at me and George chimes in, "You're mean today." He says frowning. I watch his facial expressions and immediately I feel my heart drop. "I'm sorry guys... It's just that Slughorn has been hounding me about my shape shifting potion and it's just really hard to keep up with stuff right now. I wasnt trying to be mean.." "You're forgiven." They both say in sync. "I'm sorry you're stressed though." Fred says walking over to me and rubbing my back. I shrug sighing, "I guess it's what I get for actually being a good student."

"Well if you need help let us know." George says as both him and Fred engulf me in a hug. I begin to laugh at home much tinier I am compared to them both. "We've got you Ella." Fred whispers and I smile holding them both.

"Shoot!" I scramble away from them my eyes landing on the clock on the wall. "I'm going to be late for my Flying class!" I gasp my mind racing. My feet immediately begin running and I call out to them. "Bye guys!" "Bye Snow!" They call out in sync my feet stopping. I turn to them their mischievous smiles making my heart race. "Bye Weasleys!"
---------------------------‐----------------------------------