Chapter 25

"Ella!" I suddenly stop shaking my leg looking up from my homework that is layed out messily across my desk. A frazzled Hermoine stands in front of me catching her breath, she looks like shes seen a ghost. "George-he's uh- looking for you." Her voice is nervous and urgent as she glances behind her towards the common room. "We better hurry." "Hermoine, what happened?"

With a deep sigh she begins to explain, "George and Fred were talking in the common room and George mentioned something about you... I dont know what Fred told George Ella, but he didn't look happy. He kept saying how he just wanted to talk to you and the Fred is a liar. I'm not really sure. Then when Fred tried to say something else, he hit him Ella." My stomach immediately sinks and anxiety is rushing through me. What do I do?

"Where is George?" "He said he was going to the lake. He thought you might be there." I rush to my jacket throwing it hastily around my shoulders. "Will you make sure Fred is okay for me? This is all my fault. I didnt think he would actually end up telling him-" "I will... They've already taken him to the Nurse."

I slip on my shoes quickly before rushing down the stairs. My hair is messy and I'm in my pajama but I don't care. What have I done? I should have just left it alone. I never thought George would- Ugh!

It's warmer out now. Turning from Winter to spring. The flowers are finally blooming and the birds returning, this could be such a beautiful moment. I run towards the lake my eyes spotting George crouched beside the water.

His hands are placed over his head and I can see his body shaking. Is he-crying? The penitence that fills me is overwhelming. I've done this. "George..." I watch as he stands turning to me. His eyes are still glossy with tears and as he spots me, "Did you really go to him? After we fought?" My eyes meet the ground the shame that is filling me seems unbearable. "George-"

He grabs my arms shaking me slighly forcing me to look at him shocked. "Just tell me Ella! Dont tiptoe around this, dont push me away. Just tell me the truth." His voice is shaking and I can tell he's not in the right mindset, he's too upset. "George, we should talk about this later. When you've had some time to think." I try to turn away but he pulls me closer holding my wrist in his grasp.

"No Ella. Now." His voice is stern and his eyes are locked in on mine. The look on his face is unlike any I have ever seen before. "...I did." It comes out like a whisper but I know he heard me. The tears flowing down his cheeks tell me that much. "Why did you choose me? If you didnt really know if you love me?" I dont know how to explain that. You gave me a deadline? I thought I loved you.. None of these answers sound right. I do love him. I love him and Fred.

"I do love you George." I whisper tears beginning to fall from my eyes leaving salty traces across my cheeks. "I just love Fred too." "Why El?" His hand finds my cheek pulling me to look at him. His thumb wipes away my tears as he shakes his head. "What is it about him? Why do you want both of us? Can't I just be enough."

"You are enough." My voice is weak now and both of our words are coming out studdered and drowned in tears. "I dont feel like I am..."

His eyes search mine eagerly as our lips collide. His body is so warm and the longing radiating between the two of us is unlike before. He presses himself against me backing me into the closest tree. He uses one hand to protect my head while the other finds throat squeezing gently. His leg rest between my thighs as his lips travel from my mouth to my ear. "Let me show you I'm enough El. Be a good girl and just give me the chance." He whispers as his lips brush my ear making my cheeks flush.

His hand releases my neck finding it's way to the bottom of my shirt his hands melt their way through my bare skin as he grabs my hips pulling me closer to him. His voice is rough and deep as he whispers to me. "If what you really want is both of us. Then let me prove I'm the better brother."
--------‐-------------------------------------------------------