Chapter 11

"El, wake up sweetheart." The voice is so soft and kind. It reminds me of a warm hug. "Ella, open your eyes... Ella!" The voice has become urgent now my eyes flickering open. As soon as I do my heart drops. A pair of familiar eyes that look exactly like mine stare back at me. "Mom?" My voice sounds far away, even to me. She smiles gently as she runs her fingers through my hair, "I have to be quick."

She seems to be looking everywhere but at me. "Mom please... how?" Why won't she just look at me?! Her eyes continue to frantically my voice echoing in my ears. What is happening? She slowly opens her mouth to say something her eyes finally connecting with mine-

A sharp ringing breaks through the fogginess my body shooting upwards. I search my room for anyone, but it's just me. No mom in sight. That hasn't happened since I was little. I havent even been able to imagine her voice, I forgot it after she died... The ringing continues and I slowly reach over George's name lit up across my screen.

Its finally Christmas Break. Everything leading up to this week has been crazy, but George has been wonderful. I blush thinking about him and slide my phone open, "Goodmorning." Hearing his voice so smooth and cheery on the other side makes my heart skip gently. "Morning." I place my phone on my un-made bed standing slowly, stretching, and yawning.

"Are you still coming?" I stop mid stretch anxiety bubbling in my stomach now. I told George a couple of days ago that I was just going to stay at Hogwarts for break, and immediately he invited me to stay at the Burrow with his family. He said his mom has been wanting to meet me. Does he not want me to come now? Fred has been cold... maybe he just wants to spend the holidays with his family?

"I was planning on it. Is that still okay?" A sigh of relief leaves him on the other side of the phone a small chuckle bubbling from his throat, "Of course El. I did want to let you know that we are an hour late... Silly little goose." I gasp diving towards my phone glancing at the time. No no no no noooo! "I am so so so sorry George. I'll be down in just a second-" I stop myself listening to him laugh on the other side of the line. "Its okay Ella. I'll see you in a second." I could imagine him winking on the other side of the line my heart swooning.

I run down the steps towards the train platform spotting 2 redheads standing in bright orange and green sweaters with their initials. So cute. As soon as George spots me he rushes over planting a quick kiss on my forehead before taking my luggage. He holds out his free hand for me to take, it's so rough and warm compared to mine. "You ready?" He asks leading me towards a frowning Fred at the other end of the platform. "I think."

As soon as we reach the tall house I feel at home. The air is so crisp here, and everything feels so comfortable. "Welcome home." George whispers walking me towards the front door. Fred follows slowly behind us as I watch 3 heads peek out the front door: Ginny, Harry, Ron, and I wait for Hermoine but she never seems to come. Lately her and Ron have been having a.... difficult time.

Harry is the first to greet me wrapping me in his arms. Since when did he get so tall? His voice has gotten deeper too, but it feels like just yesterday nothing was different. Everyone greets each other and everyone heads inside except for Harry and I. "We'll be just a second." He says waving everyone inside.

I turn to him smiling as the snow falls between us, "How are you?" He asks his eyes burrowing into mine. "I'm alright." He leans down slightly raising a skeptical eyebrow, "Okay, I'm stressed." I sigh shaking my head and laughing at him. "Harry Potter since when have you gotten so perceptive?" He chuckles and we begin walking towards the field wandering through the crunchy snow. "How are you Harry?"

His eyes flicker to meet mine and in just that moment he allows me to see him really vulnerable. He looks so exhausted. Christmas season has always been difficult, but Harry has always had a rough time around Christmas. He misses his parents and honestly I cant blame him. "C'mon, let's go inside. I can smell the hot chocolate from here." He straightens his glasses nodding and wrapping his arm around my shoulder as we walk into the house. "It will get better Harry." I whisper before we walk into the house.

As soon as we enter I am fascinated by the mix of muggle and magic items in the house. The flying pots and pans, self knitting sweaters, it's all so wonderful. I search the living room for everyone as Harry immediately heads upstairs. I consider going after him but honestly, right now I just want to see where Fred and George grew up. I slowly walk through the house and as I turn the corner I spot a plump woman humming happily to herself. She uses her wand to set the Christmas cookies perfectly on the tray turning to take them to the living room.

As soon as her eyes land on me her entire face lights up. "Ella Snow! Oh my goodness how wonderful it is to meet you! You have no idea how much I've heard." She sets down the tray quickly wiping her hands on her apron before opening her arms for a hug. She takes me into her arms squeezing me gently and laughing. "Welcome to the family dearie. I was surprised when George told me you were coming. The boys dont bring home girls often, but the more the merrier right?" I nod smiling and my eyes drift back to the living room Fred and George standing next to each other leaning against a ledge.

I feel a pang of guilt in my stomach as my eyes land on Fred. He looks so sad, especially standing next to George that is obviously in another dimension of Christmas cheer. Fred's eyes lock onto mine and we look at each other for a second before I notice George glancing back and forth between the two of us. This is going to be one interesting Christmas.
-----------------------------------------------------------