Chapter 5

I cant even remember when I fell asleep last night.. I just woke up in the nurses bed covered by a thin quilt. Maybe it was when I was crying to George? The thought of my outburst last night is so embarrassing, I think burying my face into my pillow. It makes sense though. He wouldn't be able to get me into the girls dorms anyways, and I seriously doubt Hermoine was there to let me in. She tends to sneak out with Ron and Harry even when she doesnt want to.

I sigh slowly rolling over, and then my heart drops. I didnt even realize he was next to me. My eyes slowly scan George's face that is just inches from mine. He's breathing slowly and his eye lashes are flickering gently. I wonder what he's dreaming about? His face is surprisingly clear with the exception of his freckles and a small scar above his eyebrow.

I didnt even think about it before I reached out brushing my thumb softly like a feather across his cheek. He really is handsome. I try not to think about the twins that way, but I can admit that sometimes I cant help it. They just make me feel so happy. Fred-

I quickly pull my hand away frowning and sitting up. Is he still mad at me? I mean he should be happy with himself. I never ended up meeting Oliver anyways... Oliver! I quickly turn to George shaking him awake. His eye's snap awake connecting with mine and as soon as he realizes it's me a small smile tugs at his mouth. His hair is messy and his eyes are light and tired. I feel my stomach flutter as he looks at me, his eyes searching my face.

"Goodmorning El, that's quite a way to wake up a man. Wouldn't you say?" I feel my cheeks flush and I roll my eyes shoving him with my leg. "Well not all of us want to sleep all day Weasley." I reach out ruffling his hair and he smiles laughing and sitting up. "You're gonna regret that."

He immediately pins me down tickling me ruthlessly. "No!" I laugh trying to pull his hands away. "George." I snicker reaching up and shoving his head. He stops and then all you can hear is us breathing as he hovers over me. His hands are resting next to my head and his eyes meet mine. They flicker looking deep into mine, as his hand gently touches my hair running his fingers through it.

"Goodmorning dearies-" we both gasp and I push George with all of my force his body quickly thumping against the ground. He rubs his head, and I mouth 'I'm sorry." to him quickly. Truthfully though he doesnt look very sorry. He has a cheeky daydreaming look on his face. "Goodmorning Miss." I say turning to the nurse who is looking at us with a shocked look on her face.

"That was so embarrassing George!" I shake my head the entire situation running through my head a million times. The nurse ended up sending us off with a warning but I know she's probably going to be telling all of the other professors about the latest student gossip. "I dont know I thought it was worth it." I raise a eyebrow glancing at him and he looks at me smiling to himself. "Yeah, it was definitely worth it."

"Oh yeah!" I turn to George while we're walking, and take a deep breath. "I completely forgot to ask you, but did you ever let Oliver know I wasn't going to show up?" I tuck my hair behind my ear and sigh. "I wouldn't care, but I at least want to keep him as a friend. I feel bad for just letting him think I ditched him.." "Dont worry about that Ella." George says gently placing his hand on my head ruffling my hair slightly. "I've already handled everything. He came to visit you but I told him you had been sick all night." I smile tucking my arm around George's waist as he rests his arm across my shoulders. "What in the world would I do without you?"

We slowly walk to the Grand Hall everyone beginning to gather for dinner, and then I spot him. Fred is standing with his back to us chatting up a group of Gryffindors. I hear a burst of laughter escape all of them and I watch him smile. He seems fine now... I take a deep breath in and begin to head towards them George on my heels.

Rachel waves from the group catching Fred's attention as he turns towards me. He begins walking my way meeting me away from everyone else. George continues walking greeting everyone in the group. It's quiet for just a second and he seems to be looking for something. "Hey, I'm sorry." He says softly his eyes hitting the floor. "I was being stupid." I smile slightly and shake my head. "You're forgiven." I cant stop thinking about the way he looked at me last night though. The way his eyes held mine and how he wouldn't let go. It was a completely new side of Fred I've never seen.

"Are you feeling better? George said you were really sick." I glance at his brother who is chatting away happily with everyone, he really is a lifesaver. "I'm great. Just a little bug."
-----------------------------------------------------------