Chapter 16

"Mommy I'm scared." My voice is young again and the situation is familiar, I've been here before. "Just stay quiet my love. Remember mommy and daddy love you okay?" I nod my tiny hand wiping away a tear on her cheek. "No matter what Ella. Dont answer this door. Not until you hear our word, okay? Say it for me." "Snow drop." She nods the heavy closet doors locking trapping me in the dark.

I can hear the parents discussing things outside the door as the screams begin in the house. I want to block out the noise but I cant. "Mommy..." I whimper my body shaking. That's when I hear the bedroom door burst open my moms and her friends voices are muffled behind the wood. Then I hear the yelling and loud thumps and everything is quiet again.

It felt like hours in the dark my sobs filling the silence. "Ella?" I gasp covering my mouth breathing through my hand. "Ella you're safe now. Your mom sent me." As he says that his voice cracks. "Snow drop?"

My head shoots up my hand reaching to push the heavy doors open. Remus Lupin stands in front of me his eyes locked with mine. His scarred face is familiar to me. He's one of my moms best friends, "Close your eye's Ella."

Before I can, I see my moms hand her Slytherin house ring still sitting shiny wrapped around her wand.

"No!" I scream trying to get to her as Remus picks me up my tiny body trying to escape his grasp. "Mommy!" I can hear his sniffled sobs in my ear but all I can focus on is my mother. Her eyes are still open, that means she's awake right? She has to wake up. She promised me.

My body shoots upwards my eyes searching the room I'm in. Thank God. It's George's room. My eyes examine the comforter tucked around me that is slightly pulled off the bed onto a sleeping Harry next to me. "Harry?" His eyes shoot open and he looks genuinely relieved as he looks at me. "Ella, I'm so glad your awake." He leans forward wrapping his arms around me. We're both quiet as he holds me both of us just trying to live in the moment.

His eyes search mine as he sighs shaking his head, "We still dont know what happened Ella." My jaw locks as I'm reminded of Bellatrix. I hate her. "Harry, I feel like they're trying to build an army." I whisper my eyes locking with his. He nods and I can see the pain and hurt radiating off of him. This is the last thing he wants. It's the last thing any of us want.

"Ella?" The sound of his voice is so comforting that it almost makes me cry. "George?" I watch his face twist with emotion his eyes wet with tears. He looks as if he hasn't slept for days. "We've been taking shifts." Harry says rubbing the back of his neck as George walks towards me leaning down next to me. "How long have I been asleep?" They glance at each other and George sighs shaking his head. "3 days."

I wonder if I look as dumbfounded as I feel. "Oh yeah and Merry Christmas Ella." He chuckles my body frozen. "3 days?" "3 day's." Harry states standing and stretching. "I'll leave you two alone." George shoots him a wink and I bonk the back of his head laughing slightly. "Oh and Harry?" He turns back a small smile on his face. "Yeah?" "Thank you." I whisper smiling at him.

"Now you." As the door clicks shut behind Harry I grab George's sweater pulling him in for a kiss. He pulls me in his lap his hands caressing the slopes of my hips. "You- have no idea- how much- I've missed you." George says breathlessly inbetween kisses a small smile pulling at my lips.

"This is also for you." I whisper in his ear bonking the side of his head. "What the-" "Just because it's been 3 days George doesnt mean I'm not upset. I am." Or I'm trying to be, but he makes it so hard when his hands are holding me like that. His thumb trailing gently down my skin. "I know you are but that's why I got you this."

I climb off of him as he heads towards his desk opening the top drawer, he places a small box wrapped in paper and ribbon in front of me smiling brightly. "Open it." "Shouldnt I wait to open it tonight for everyone?" He laughs running his fingers messily through his hair. "I dont know... it might go to my brothers head."

Confused, I unwrap the present opening the small green case that comes with it. It's beautiful and so unique. I stare at the golden locket a small G carved into the back and as I open it my heart stops. It's a picture of him in one side and Fred in the other. "It's kind of cheesy but I know you like stuff like that."

I feel my chin quivering as my eyes meet his, "You got this for me George?" "Well we have told you before that there's no getting rid of us."
-----------------------------------------------------------