Chapter 12

Mrs. Weasley wipes her hands on her robe chatting to me happily as she cooks, "Would you like some help?" I offer my eyes scanning her pile of work. I'm nervous because I've never been a good cook, but if anyone is going to teach me it should be her.

Her smile seems to grow 10x's larger with my offer as she slaps the large lump of cookie dough a slight puff of flour flying into the air. "Of course!" I wash my hands quickly and walk over to the cookies flattening them with a rolling pin "Oh and dearie just cut some shapes into a few. Nothing special, but a star or heart."

As we silently work the atmosphere isnt awkward. I've always really wanted a mom, so honestly spending time with Molly is something that I am more than happy to do. I feel her eyes on me for a second before she clears her throat, "So how are my boys at school? I know Ginny is an angel so I have no worries about her.."

I glance behind me into the living room Ron and Hermonine are flipping through a magazine together, while Fred and George are sitting next to them chattering quietly poking and prodding each other. My eyes flicker back and forth from the two. "They seem fine, at least I know George is good..."

I feel my voice give in slightly, in just a moment I brush off the pain I'm feeling, I'm so sorry Freddie. They should have never made me choose.

I watch Molly stop mid kneading her eyes meeting mine. She has eyes like them... "I'm surprised you dont know more about Fred.. he chats about you endlessly; in letters, in person, you're honestly one of the only people he will mention from school. It's the same with George. Those boys sure are infatuated with you." Her laugh is gentle and kind as she continues what's shes doing but all I can focus on is my heart crumbling to a million pieces. He talks about me?

"Fred and I are.. complicated." I whisper under my breath. She looks so concerned as she stares at me. Motherly love is so interesting. "Don't let them get to you dear. They're dramatic boys." I smile to myself nodding. "They really are quite dramatic."

After I finish carving my last lop sided star out of the dough slapping it next to Molly's perfect carved masterpieces, I head towards the sink my hands caked in flour. While watching the water swirl down the drain all I can think of is what Molly said earlier... 'in letters, in person, you're honestly one of the only people he will mention from school.'

The enchanted sponge in the sink next to me shocks me as it begins furiously scrubbing away at the pans that were set in the soapy water. I really just need to enjoy this week.

I slowly lift the hand towel humming to myself and thoroughly drying my hands. It shocks mw at first as I feel a pair of warm larger hands slide over and around my waist my heartbeat speeding up. George.. his lips find my neck planting a gentle kiss as he holds me his body pressed against mine. His mom smiling and chuckling to herself at the counter as she wipes away our leftover mess. "George-"

I twist my body around his hands still finding my hips as his eyes meet mine, 'Your mom!" I mouth flicking his nose. He laughs using his thumb to wipe away leftover flour on my cheek his eyes locked with mine. 'Where?' He mouths back.

I glance over to where Molly was standing the space now empty, his lips immediately find mine. Luckily we're out of view of the living room, but I'm sure they all know what's going on. He presses me against the wall his hand caressing my hair as his lips search mine. He tastes like peppermint and chocolate today.

We both break out of the kiss our noses gently brushing against each others. "C'mon I'm supposed to show you your room." He takes my hand leading me through the living room, Fred is there now and he is frowning dissatisfied on the couch next to someone I was absolutely not expecting this Christmas. "Remus?" He smiles standing and I run to him his arms wrapping around me. "I wasnt expecting you!" He laughs leaning back and taking a good look at me. "You're so grown up now Snow." It's suprising to hear my childhood nickname again. I've always hated it since what happened. The people that first called me it arent even alive anymore. I laugh taking a good look at him. "You still look old, old man." I tease.

I turn to smile and wave at Fred nervously as he shifts his body to face away from me. Ouch. George looks pissed off as he stands on the stairs looking back at his brother. "El, let's go." I nod turning back to him my hand finding the railing. I grip ruthlessly feeling the pair of unloving eyes piercing into the back of my head. "I'll see you tonight Remus." I smile and he nods seeming only slightly aware of what's going on.

I never thought this would end up being this hard.

-----------------------------------------------------------