Chapter 24

"Ella, snap out of it." Draco mumbles from behind me. The smell of his cologne and toothpaste drift into my nose as he brushes past me. He pulls the sheet off the large intricate cabinet sitting before us revealing our new project.

"I still dont know why we have to come so early in the day." I sigh using my palm to swipe away some of the dusk. I cant stop thinking about George. He hasn't even attempted to see me since we got in our argument. "Well my day is full other than this Snow. Some of us have quittich and school work. We dont all get by as easily as you do."

I frown looking at him, "You really think it's easy for me Draco? Easy would be waking up everyday not feeling a huge weight on my chest, not waking up with nightmares at 4am watching the people I love dying over and over, easy would be passing all of my classes." I scoff shaking my head as he stares at me dumbfounded obviously shocked by me reaction to him.

"Easy would have been not having to start my life over, but you wouldn't have any idea about that would you Malfoy? Both of your parents are alive..." "Maybe it'd be easier if they weren't." My head snaps to look at him my eyes connecting with his. He's quiet as he searches my eyes his face looks like he has a bad taste in his mouth. "What do you mean by that Draco?"

He sighs and shakes his head, "I wont forget what you did that day for me Ella. You were the first person who ever tried to save me. Theres a reason why I did what I did that night. " My mind flashes back to him squeezing my face his eyes ruthlessly as he goes to snap my wand. "I'm sorry. You didn't deserve that."

It was my first day in Diagon Alley. I had gone with my mom and dad to buy my wand we had been planning this trip for weeks. It was busy with new students and people shopping that when I got swept away into the crowd I knew I could just meet them back at Olivanders, but then I saw him.

They were in the unlit alley way and the small blonde boy refused to look up. Neither of us were old enough to be entering Hogwarts at that time and he was at least a year younger than me. He looked so similar to his father who stands hovering above him a hushed tone to his punishment.

"Draco! What did I say about interrupting me? You embarrass me! You're pathetic, worthless! Until you learn to respect me you will be nothing-" I watch as the man lifts his cane the figure on the top glimmering as he goes to hit the boy. My stomach feels sick as I watch him go to release his wrath on Draco who is curled into a ball at this point. My body moves without thinking taking the cane instead. I can feel the boy wrap his hands around my head trying to protect me.

The shock that is pinned across Draco's father's face is suprising but unforgiving. The boy places his hand on my cheek where his father hit me tears spilling from his eyes and then mine. "Watch what you're doing girl."

"Lucius?" My head snaps up landing on my mom. She had long golden hair like mine and her green eyes seem to shimmer as the dim lights hit her eyes. I cant tell what her face looks like but I can tell that the air has changed.

As soon as he sees her his entire manner changes. "Cora..." "I see you've met my daughter, Eleanor Snow." My eyes flicker to look at him a bitter look as his face as he examines me. "I didn't realize-" "Oh! You didnt realize?" As she gets closer I can see the anger seeping through her pores. The boy is still crying behind me as I turn around lifting his eyes to look into mine.

"It'll be okay." I whisper as they are both arguing loudly behind us. "Cora I would never had hurt her had I know she was your daughter." "That's exactly the point Lucius! You dont just get to hurt people when you feel like it." It feels odd as I watch Draco's father try to take my mother's hand trying to reassure her. She hesitates but doesnt push him away.

"Ella, we're leaving."

"Just dont...hate me." Draco whispers his body tense next to me. I wasnt sure if he even remembered. "I dont hate you."
------‐‐---------------------------------------------------------